• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help Thread Prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I noticed that you can't modify the title of a thread (you can modify the title displayed in the thread itself but not the one displayed in the forum). I came upon this when I tried to add a [solved] prefix to my help request in the trigger-help forums.

If you don't want people changing the actual thread title (which I understand) you should at least put in the ability to change the prefix of the thread so people can indicate whether their problem is solved or not. This would also help prevent problems which aren't solved but have many responses from being skipped over by people.

I think this is a vbulletin problem rather than a specific hive problem - you can't change the prefix of a thread without also having the ability to change its title, and in order to change its title you must have moderator permissions in that forum.

It's possible to hack vB into making this possible without every user having to be a moderator, but that would take too much time. :D

Level 15
I think this is a vbulletin problem rather than a specific hive problem - you can't change the prefix of a thread without also having the ability to change its title, and in order to change its title you must have moderator permissions in that forum.

It's possible to hack vB into making this possible without every user having to be a moderator, but that would take too much time. :D

Alright then ^-^

Just thought i'd mention it

Status
Not open for further replies.