• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help - Scoreboard, upgradeables etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi all

im stuck again lol Im making a map that is simular to Dota, But with quite a few differences ie upgradeable units, use of vehicles.

Currently its in a beta/alpha stage. Where as i have 5 toatally completed heros and all spawns and triggers work terrain is complete and i have have 50 custom items. (wanna add atleast another 4 heros (1 complete taverns worth be4 i release it)

Now i wanna add a scoreboard with hero kills on it and deaths on it too how do i do that ive tryed countless times best i can do is it get it to say scoreboad and hero kills but no players names come up and i cant work out how to get it to update :?

Secondly is how can i make it so u can upgrade items. Ie merge 2 items together to form one item?

can anyone herlp me with these triggers ?

Level 3
If you have "Warchasers", you should be able to load it up, then simply copy and paste it's triggers, and make the neccessary modifications, I did that for this "Foxtrot Free-for-All"
Be carefull though, you'll need to make a variable too, and give it a positive value, 1, I think it was.
Sorry if this is a bit newbyish, but I'm still getting used to leaderboard triggers, and I've got a bug or two there, but for the most part it worked for me.

Level 9
that copy and paste trigger thingy dont work cause
1)you cant have 2 maps open at same time
2)once you quit out the map from copying the copy goes away

Level 9
ben_xuereb said:
that copy and paste trigger thingy dont work cause
1)you cant have 2 maps open at same time
2)once you quit out the map from copying the copy goes away

Wrong, you can open two maps at a time, and cnp betweem them.

---

The thing you need is a multiboard, not a leaderboard.
To set up a multiboard, you must have at least a bit of basic knowledge about it.
I'll tell you some basics, but for details, i recommend you to find a tutorial.

Multiboards consist of Rows and Columns. Rows are located in a vertical line, columns horizontally (left and right next to eachother for columns, underneath eachother for rows)

To create a multiboard, first you must find the trigger "multiboard - create ..."
There you can specify the amount of rows and columns.
For example, if you have 8 players in your map, and two cpu players, i'd suggest 11 rows. (1 title, 8 player, 2 cpu)
If you want the following data: Playername, kills, deaths, you'll need three columns.

To fill the board, you'll have to create triggers that set the data for a specific row and column in the multiboard. This you can find out yourself, or find in a tutorial.

Goodluck.

Level 9
ben_xuereb said:
hmm maby my comps just bugy
lol probly is

That's possible yes. All i know is that my WE can open two maps, and through the tab "window" is can switch between them, keeping everything on my clipboard.
Maybe you can open two maps as well, but didn't know about the "window" tab. You can't actually view two maps at a time, if you switch, it will have to load a bit to display the other map.

Status
Not open for further replies.