• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help pls. [Unit within range]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Can you guys help me with my skill? I'm having trouble creating the triggers for it. I tried the Event - Unit comes within range, but I can't seem to get to choose a unit variable from that trigger. By the way, the hero is not yet in the map; it is supposed to be bought from a tavern.

Here is the test map I have been working on. View attachment Gilmadia the Winged Avenger.w3x
And this is the link to the actual Hero Suggestion I made for DotA Allstars. http://www.playdota.com/forums/213136/senti-agi-gilmadia-winged-avenger/

wingedgodsblood.jpg

WINGED GODS BLOOD
Third Skill

The Raven Gods blood inside Gilmadia hungers for flesh of the dead that it is enraged to kill the living. Grants her bonus attack speed and damage for every enemy hero inside a 500 Area of Effect from Gilmadia.(Note: Illusions/Replica's/Corpse do not count.)

Level 1 - 7.5% bonus ATK speed and 8% bonus damage per hero.
Level 2 - 9% bonus ATK speed and 11% bonus damage per hero.
Level 3 - 10.5% bonus ATK speed and 14% bonus damage per hero.
Level 4 - 12% bonus ATK speed and 17% bonus damage per hero.

Passive skill.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Thats cause it registers the event only for the unit passed when you added the event to the trigger.

In your case you are after adding the event upon the purchase of the hero (when it gets into play) and only for that hero type (or ones which use that skill). Basically call your native then with the hero being bassed via return or variable.

In GUI (sigh) this means you will have to use the trigger - add event action when the hero comes into existance (a trigger run via another event) and then add the event to the spell trigger using the hero (obtained by being one of the event involved units).

Do be aware that there is no native to return the unit who is the main object whos range gets entered. Obviously there are natives to return the unit who enters his range just not the unit whos range was entered and thus you need to store and handle it using your own code.

Level 1
How or What do you mean, exactly?

Thats cause it registers the event only for the unit passed when you added the event to the trigger.

In your case you are after adding the event upon the purchase of the hero (when it gets into play) and only for that hero type (or ones which use that skill). Basically call your native then with the hero being bassed via return or variable.

In GUI (sigh) this means you will have to use the trigger - add event action when the hero comes into existance (a trigger run via another event) and then add the event to the spell trigger using the hero (obtained by being one of the event involved units).

Do be aware that there is no native to return the unit who is the main object whos range gets entered. Obviously there are natives to return the unit who enters his range just not the unit whos range was entered and thus you need to store and handle it using your own code.

Thanks for trying to help Dr Super Good

Technically, my main problem is I do have an idea on how to add attack speed and bonus damage when an enemy hero gets within range of your hero, but I don't have any idea how to put the trigger event on a unit that is still to be bought from a tavern or shall I say; "to a non-existing unit at the start of the game".

If possible, can anyone tell me what Event or Action triggers I should use?( in GUI, cause I really don't understand JASS right now )

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The bonus is an ability, placed in a disabled spell book so no UI icon is present for it (you put it in a spell book ability which you then disable which removes the spell book UI but keeps all passive spells in it still active). Use command aura for the +% damage and the buff that it is in effect and then use the normal item attack speed boost which has no buff. You then make them multi level with enough levels ad incriments that they fit your level scheme perfectly. I seriously doubt you should have more than 6 enemy heroes in the area at once but if you do, you may need like 50 levels odd.

What you then do is increase the ability level when heroes enter the area of the hero and reduce it when they leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.