• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help please - attack icon numerical box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i have a generic attack upgrade, such as is one in footmen frenzy. when i upgrade id like it to show the number to correspond with the number of upgrade value. ive tried adding "apply attack upgrade bonus" to the data- effect in the upgrade. ive tried chaning the icon around in the gameplay interface. i dunno if i have just been up for too long or what but im frying my brain on this simple little task.

Level 19
I bet its the Upgrades Used of that unit in Object Editor

Edit: Ehem just made a test and yes its the Upgrades Used
if Attack upgrade is added here it shows number thingies if not it doesnt

Level 4
I bet its the Upgrades Used of that unit in Object Editor

Edit: Ehem just made a test and yes its the Upgrades Used
if Attack upgrade is added here it shows number thingies if not it doesnt

yea i had already given the attack upgrade all the units using it. its just boggling my mind why its not giving the numerical value like the defense is. i have set the attack up exactly the same as the defense but its not giving the numbers o.0

Level 19
Try to use Same Attack upgrade with Footmans Upgrade and Same Defence Upgrade with Footmans upgrade as base upgrade
what you based of the upgrade must be important

Level 4
ya i did that, i even downloaded a footmen frenzy template map and theres is setup exactly the same as mine yet mines not showing the value. i dont know what is going on.

Level 11
WE is weird and likes adding hard-coded behavior to certain abilities and upgrades (like how abilities based off certain ability just CAN'T create buffs, even if you specify a buff in the object editor, and how ONLY upgrades based off of troll beserker will actually change unit availability...) That being said, ONLY upgrades based off the standard attack/armor upgrades (the ones used in melee maps) will actually make those little numbers show up on the bottom right hand corner of your weapon/armor type icon. So just base your attack/armor upgrades off one of those and everything should be good.

Level 4
well i just deleted the custom upgrades and just used the default upgrades. then i customized the default upgrades and it worked fine. for some reason if i copied and pasted the upgrade it wouldn't show the numerical value for it. just off the default one. and yea i have noticed some spells wont allow buffs. kinda got annoyed when i tried that.

Status
Not open for further replies.