• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] help on attack speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i know the max attack speed is around 400%-500% but how do those anime games like bleach vs naruto or onepiece get past that limit? anyone knows what they did?

Level 20
Offtopic:

It would be awesome to have an ability that creates shadows of yourself with a small delay, so that when you move or attack or do anything, they would follow the same action making the illussion of multiple attacks :O I know there's a system for the shades :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As far as I am aware you cannot pass +400% and -80%, both represent you dealing 500% damage and 20% damage.

There is also a hard limit on number of attacks per second unless you set attack cooldown to 0 and animation to 0 which breaks the game (causes infinite frame drop until target is dead). I think it was something like 8 attacks per second.

Level 12
As far as I am aware you cannot pass +400% and -80%, both represent you dealing 500% damage and 20% damage.

There is also a hard limit on number of attacks per second unless you set attack cooldown to 0 and animation to 0 which breaks the game (causes infinite frame drop until target is dead). I think it was something like 8 attacks per second.

The first part is true, however in the current version there is no framedrop when setting damage point and attack cooldown to 0.

The hardcoded number of attacks per second is capped at ~45.45. With clever use of orb of lightning you can get the double of ~91 attacks per second.

Level 13
Dr Super Good said:

i did try it.. my unit didn't use any animation until the target is dead :\

Spartipilo said:
Offtopic:

It would be awesome to have an ability that creates shadows of yourself with a small delay, so that when you move or attack or do anything, they would follow the same action making the illussion of multiple attacks :O I know there's a system for the shades :D
yes, i have seen map with something like that.. :D

Level 23

This.
You can set attack speed bonuses of abilties to things like 1000% etc. However the real attack speed bonus given to the unit will never exceed 400%.

Also just because you can type 1000% attack speed into the tooltip doesnt actually mean the ability works as described.

Level 37
Offtopic:

You could combine these:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/shadow-trail-system-v1-1-1-7-a-230421/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/lightning-speed-laceration-1-09-a-178653/

Status
Not open for further replies.