• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! Error when saving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Unexpected Code Exception!

Unrecognized PJASS (syntax) error

I recieve this message when saving my map. Although the map is saved it seems that it messes up with the triggers (or variables?).

What is this error and how do I fix it?
I don't want to lose my project, I work almost a year on it... :(

Level 30
I do suggest maybe disable those JASS checking (to say clearer, dont use any JASS Helpers or such) if possible or if you are working on this on the past at normal WE I do suggest go back to normal WE because it might be JNGP that is causing the problems due to its additional add-ons.

I don't think that much, I believe Cohadar JassHelper is the issue. I remember that CJass is no longer updated and pretty buggy (that's why CJass resources rarely approved at Hive)

CJASS and Cohadar's JassHelper are two different things. ;) CJASS is a different language, developed by ADOLF (xgm.ru). Cohadar's JassHelper is a compiler (compiles vJASS/Zinc into JASS).

I enabled Vexorian's JassHelper and again got the error message Unrecognized PJASS (syntax) error.

Edit: I tested the map and it seems to be working though (triggers etc).

Try disabling both (uncheck them) if you don't have vJASS in your map.

There could be a few reasons why you are getting an error. Perhaps PJASS is not found--or maybe it is a permissions issue. Which version of JNGP are you using?

Level 9
Not sure if this is correct but I use the version 5e (?)
The folder is named jassnewgenpack5e. I downloaded the latest version from Hiveworkshop about 6 months ago.

Forgive if I am too noob but when you say "using vJass" you mean using scripting and commands? If yes, I use none of these. My triggers also are made in GUI (I hope I understand the term correct, and it's relevenant).

Thnx for your suggestions I will try disabling both and see what happens.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply. Lots of work lately.

Level 30
Its actually not in your triggers but its really in your JASS helper. Recommended is Vexorian because it can scan triggers all of the perfectly and flawless maybe while Cohadar, I do think it doesnt recognize some JASS Codes that makes this error of yours appears.

Most likely its in the or because of the JASS helper in your JNGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.