• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help enemy unit abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help to make enemy units cast abilities like ai abilities should be custom how could i do that and in what metods ? ...

Level 8
In other words: An enemy dreadlord casts sleep whenever he fights two or more units, and has the mana to spare. So if you take and trigger/code or just use object data and base a new spell off sleep, he would cast it whenever he fights two or more units, then the trigger/code of the spell would ensue.

Level 24
It's not a trigger. If a computer unit has an ability based off of sleep, and enough mana that it is willing to cast that ability, it will do so when fighting two units. On its own. Without any help. On its own. Don't bother to create a trigger to do it for that unit.

That is what you were saying, right Confucioussay? Regardless, it is what happens.

Level 24
If i add a custom abilities to the unit he will cast thems ?

Look here
If the units are owned by a computer player, ... the AI will cast it in a situation when they would normally cast it (the base ability) in warcraft.
And here
If a computer unit has an ability based off of sleep, and enough mana that it is willing to cast that ability, it will do so when fighting two units.
Now start thinking, I know it's a weekend and you shouldn't need to, but for the sake of your mental development, please do so anyways.

Level 24
OK. Sry but im not wery good in english ,... ;/

If English isn't your first language (or one of them), you should avoid using "txt"talk, or 1337, such as "newb", "sry", and "plz". It makes you look like a native-English-speaker that merely happens to be an idiot (if that sounds insulting, I did not mean it to be. It is a fact, even if it's a little mean).

I'm sorry for the mean comment in my last post.

Edit: @Below: I'm not criticizing your English, I understand that new languages can be hard. I'm saying that you should avoid saying things that make you look like a native-English-speaker being an idiot. Sorry if it seemed like I was being harsh about your English.

Last edited:
Level 5
Basically just use an ability or spell similar to what you want, and the character will use it when they normally would. Like if you wanted a spell that continuously damages someone, you should use the Doom spell the Pitlord has, not heavily modify Sleep.

And newb is just short for newbie. Not 1337 speak, but it's best to avoid it without a good understanding of english since only complete morons who have english as a native language talk like that. So it's not that you're stupid, but on the internet you can generally tell an idiot by the way they talk, meaning they are perfectly capable of using English, but choose not to.

Level 24
Basically just use an ability or spell similar to what you want, and the character will use it when they normally would. Like if you wanted a spell that continuously damages someone, you should use the Doom spell the Pitlord has, not heavily modify Sleep.
Sleep was only used as an example, he can have as many custom abilities (that aren't trigger-based) as he wants, based on whatever abilities he wants, and the AI will know how to use them based on their base abilities. Not to mention that it will do so on its own, without the need of triggering. This has been established for 10 posts, and has been nailed up as established for five.

And newb is just short for newbie. Not 1337 speak, but it's best to avoid it without a good understanding of english since only complete morons who have english as a native language talk like that. So it's not that you're stupid, but on the internet you can generally tell an idiot by the way they talk, meaning they are perfectly capable of using English, but choose not to.

Newb is short for newbie, but dangerously close to its 1337 forms, nub, noob & n00b. It is also considered 13375p34k by some people anyways. Thanks for the explanation of why 13375p34k makes you look like an idiot at any rate.

Level 2
Sure i try to not use those forms but what is "1337 speak" And is there any guides about AI i would like to know more.

Level 24
1337 speak, or 13375p34k, both pronounced "leet speak", is basically hacker talk in English. Or at least, that is how 1337 started out. Letters that are similar in appearance to numbers (capital I and 1, lowercase L and 1, uppercase A and 4) were swapped out for those similar looking numbers in order to get around wordfilters.

Hackers, being incredibly awesome, were imitated by lame idiots who pretend to hack, and who talked in 13375p34k all the time, not just to get around wordfilters.

Specifically about 1337, it originates from a hideous misspelling of "elite" (elite became "leet", which became all its glorious dysfunctional misspellings from l33t to full 1337), most likely propagated by lame idiots. 1337 has over time come to encompass almost any sort of word compression over the internet that is not actually pronounceable in real life "sry", "plz", etc., or misspellings just to be cool "hay", "guyz", etc.

As 1337's popularity is mostly attributed to flaming imbeciles, using it in anything other than a joking or sarcastic manner will make you look like a rather large idiot.

About AI, there's lots of AI related tutorials here, but most require knowledge of JASS.

Level 2
Still dont uderstand ... i found information at "World Editor Turorials" but canot make enemy heroes to cast spells ... maybe somone can create and attach a map with custom AI that would help me .

Lastly, you can go to the AI Editor (Module->AI Editor) and create a new dummy AI Script. Then, you can go to the Object Editor, go to File->Export all Object Data", and go back to the AI Editor. There, you go under Custom Data:" and add your Object Data. YOu can remove all checks, all waves, everything else, then go to File->Add to Map and then it will be in your Import Manager. Then, you can go to the Import Manager (Module->Import Manager) and remove the "AI Data". After that, in your Map Initlization rigger, add the action "Run Melee AI Script" and add your new script there. This will order each computer you have that you ran the script for, custom abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.