• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[HELP] Create a unit at a unit's position in a unit group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well, hi
I need you guys again...
I'm making a trigger that create a unit at a position of a unit group i picked, but created units are somehow not at picked units position
Check out my trigger:
  • Trigger 1
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mirror Image
  • Actions
    • Set Casters[1] = (Triggering unit)
    • Set POINTS[1] = (Position of Casters[1])
    • Set Integers[1] = (Level of Mirror Image for Casters[1])
    • Set Illusions_Groups[1] = (Units within 500.00 of POINTS[1] matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False))))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Illusions_Groups[1] and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of units in Illusions_Groups[1]), do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set Effectedunits[(Integer A)] = (Picked unit)
            • Set Points[(Integer A)] = (Position of Effectedunits[(Integer A)])
            • Unit - Create 1 Illusion for (Owner of Casters[1]) at Points[(Integer A)] facing Default building facing degrees
            • Set Illusions[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
            • Unit Group - Add Illusions[(Integer A)] to Illusions_Groups[2]
            • Unit - Order Illusions[(Integer A)] to Attack Effectedunits[(Integer A)]
            • Unit - Add a (15.00 + (5.00 x (Real(Integers[1])))) second Generic expiration timer to Illusions[(Integer A)]
            • Animation - Change Illusions[(Integer A)]'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 70.00% transparency
I know it leaks but i'll remove it after, why it's not working (the units created are not at the set position but it appears at my map's spawn point :goblin_jawdrop:
Edit: @GangSpear: I copied my trigger and edit it, so there were some mistakes :) checked my trigger and it's the same point as "POINTS[1]":ogre_haosis:

Last edited:
Level 26
You do not need so many variables either, temporary references like Triggering unit or Picked unit are here for some case.

• Trigger 1
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set POINTS[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set Integers[1] = (Level of Mirror Image for (Triggering unit))
    • Set Illusions_Groups[1] = (Units within 500.00 of POINTS[1] matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Triggering player)) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False))))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Illusions_Groups[1] and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of units in Illusions_Groups[1]), do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set Points[(Integer A)] = (Position of (Picked unit))
            • Unit - Create 1 Illusion for (Triggering player) at Points[(Integer A)] facing Default building facing degrees
            • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Illusions_Groups[2]
            • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Picked unit)
            • Unit - Add a (15.00 + (5.00 x (Real(Integers[1])))) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 70.00% transparency
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Points[GetForLoopIndexA()])
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Points[1])
However, I'm not sure what you want to archieve, since if your temporary group has for egzample 6 units, you gonna create 36 illusion (6 illusion per each unit).
If you want to summon just 1 for each unit in group remove For each (...) actions.

Level 29
I told you already that you dont need that arrays and loop, coz picked unit is already a loop...
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Casters = (Triggering unit)
      • Set temploc = (Position of Casters)
      • Set Integers = (Level of (Ability being cast) for Casters)
      • Set Illusions_Group = (Units within 500.00 of temploc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Triggering player)) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Illusions_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set temploc = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Triggering player) at temploc facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a (15.00 + (15.00 + (Real(Integers)))) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 70.00% transparency
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temploc)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temploc)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Illusions_Group)

Status
Not open for further replies.