• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help.......again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i have a few problems

1.when i start my map where you choose your hero (in my arena) only two of the dummy heroes can be seen the others dont appear. if u pick one of the heroes that dont appear you can see it.

2.i also need to no how to make a team win based on how many kills they have on a leaderboard(i already made the leaderboard and it works)

i need a nother 1 too
3. the tutorials dont help me when i use an ability to give my heroes a lightsaber. i put everything right even the target. it just doesnt appear.

Last edited:
Level 8
Could you be a bit clearer about what you mean in #1? Regarding #2, you can do a trigger like this:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Player 1 (Red) Heroes Killed) + ((Player 2 (Blue) Heroes Killed) + ((Player 3 (Teal) Heroes Killed) + ((Player 4 (Purple) Heroes Killed) + ((Player 5 (Yellow) Heroes Killed) + (Player 6 (Orange) Heroes Killed)))))) Greater than or equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 2 (Blue) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 3 (Teal) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 4 (Purple) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 5 (Yellow) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 6 (Orange) (Show dialogs, Show scores)

Level 8
Have you actually added the ''dummy'' that represents the hero you want ?

About the 2nd question.DarkDenizen made it already, but i want to give you another way.

Trigger 1 : To check team 1 and team 2 kills

Event - A unit dies
Conditions - Diying unit is equal to hero
- Diying unit belongs to an ally of (a player)
Actions - Add 1 gold to Neutral Hostile current gold

The Neutral Hostile gold can be used as a variable to show the team 1 kills or deaths. Do the same trigger for the other team. For the other team you may use the lumber.

Trigger 2 : Victory Trigger

Event - Every 1 seconds of game time
Conditions -
Actions - Pick every player in allies of player 1 (that is e.g in team 1 )
- If/Then/Else
--- If Neutral Hostile current gold is greater that or equal to (most kills) /Then Victory Picked Player, show dialogs , show scores /Else Do nothing

Make another trigger like this

Event - Every 1 seconds of game time
Conditions -
Actions - Pick every player in allies of player 4 (that is e.g in team 2 )
- If/Then/Else
--- If Neutral Hostile current lumber is greater that or equal to (most kills) /Then Victory Picked Player, show dialogs , show scores /Else Do nothi

Level 4
yes i have added the dummy but only two of them appear all the rest are invisible in the game. but they r visible in the map editor

Last edited:
Level 4
Could you be a bit clearer about what you mean in #1? Regarding #2, you can do a trigger like this:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Player 1 (Red) Heroes Killed) + ((Player 2 (Blue) Heroes Killed) + ((Player 3 (Teal) Heroes Killed) + ((Player 4 (Purple) Heroes Killed) + ((Player 5 (Yellow) Heroes Killed) + (Player 6 (Orange) Heroes Killed)))))) Greater than or equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 2 (Blue) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 3 (Teal) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 4 (Purple) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 5 (Yellow) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 6 (Orange) (Show dialogs, Show scores)

how did u get that trigger? i couldn't find which condition it is. could u plz tell me how to make the condition u made?

Level 24
A) there's an edit button, highlight the quote, right click, select copy, then edit the other post, hit enter twice, right click, select paste
B) it has to do with player score (i think) and you need to use the variable+(variable+(variable+variable)) etc. (or whatever the actual thing is)

Level 8
You have to use the arithmatic function in the integer condition. Just click on the 1 + 1 thing and change the first 1 to Player 1 kills. Change the second one to arithmatic, and repeat the process so that you get every player on a team.

Level 4
ty denizen and could ne1 who reds this thread see #s 1 and 3? i still need those awnsered

Level 8
In order to figure out what you did wrong for #3, we need a much more detailed explanation of exactly what you did. Start with where you got the model and cover every step and detail of your process to the point where you tested the map and it didn't work.

Level 4
i made an ability titled lightsaber
i made all the dmg and other bonuses zero
i put the art-target to the lightsaber model i wanted
i set the attatchment point to
string1-hand
string2-left
it never appears on my guy as if the spell didnt exist and i put the spell on the heroes i wanted it on

Level 24
so do you have Attachment Point 1 - hand,left, or Attachment Point 1 - hand, Attachment Point 2 - left?

Edit: RE below: then i have absolutely no idea what's wrong, sorry.

Level 4
i got both models here at this sight the model im putting the lightsaber on has attatchment points the creater said he did and it showed screenshots of him with lightsabers at the downloading page

Level 24
Well, my new suggestion is highly unlikely, but maybe the model you're using doesn't have a hand,left attachment point?

Level 4
Well, my new suggestion is highly unlikely, but maybe the model you're using doesn't have a hand,left attachment point?

actually in the place where u talk about the modelt here was a picture swing hime carrying lightsabers in BOTH hands

Level 8
Regardless of where, logically, it may have attachment points, in order to know for sure you must really open the model up and look at the list of attachment points to be sure.

War3Viewer and YobgulS are tools that will help you do that, to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.