• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

HELP! After i import a skin, how do i use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
what thing do i put it under and what is the code or whatever.....i have a custom unit called "Stranded Guy" i changed his model file to a villager (male 2), then i imported a file called villagermale.......how do i put that skin on my unit? :? :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!:

Level 3
X-sNiPeR-ScOpE said:
what thing do i put it under and what is the code or whatever.....i have a custom unit called "Stranded Guy" i changed his model file to a villager (male 2), then i imported a file called villagermale.......how do i put that skin on my unit? :? :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!:

Can you please give me a link to the file that you've downloaded?

The page with the skin should tell you what to do for the path, Simply look at the tutorial for skin/model uploading... If you don't want to go through that.. Here's what you do, you go to Importer(F12), you click on import a file, then you find the .blp (if it's a skin, that's what the ending should be) and select it. Double click the item that you just uploaded, and check off "Use custom path", and type in the path that the webpage sugguests. It's usually going to be "Texture\FILEYOUDOWNLOADED.blp". After you select that, save your map and exit World Editor. Re-open it, and your new skin should have replaced the old boring one.

Edit: typo, sorry

Level 2
FINALLY!!!

YES! finally, thanks guys for the help, i got it to work, but i have another question...after i make my own skin, how do i put that one back into my Image Extractor II so i can use it for my own map...and i after i do that, how do i upload it to this site?

Level 13
1) Use Warcraft 3 Viewer, it's much better. Just click Convert->Convert to BLP and select your skin. Then import it into your map so you can see it.

2) Click Add/Update Resources in the top right corner of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.