• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] help about cinematics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
does somebody here know about those things for cinematics? (sorry if my english is bad :p)

- make a character crouch, or move his hands during the cinematic.

- darken and clarify the screen while the cinematic runs.

- put images or letters while the cinematic runs.

i try to found info about those things, but i can't found any :/

thx for the info. is this the only thing you know about my question?

Good question. I didn't answer other questions because I don't think you should use WE if you want detailed movements like hand movements and crouching.

But:

- darken and clarify the screen while the cinematic runs.

Find actions "Cinematic Filter" or something.

- put images or letters while the cinematic runs.

Putting an image over the screen is also a cinematic filter, just select the texture/image you want.
Also I don't know what kind of letters you want to put, so that depends.

Level 11
Making a character crouch or move his hands relies on the model animation set. Look at your unit's animations and see what your unit can do. To do so, in World Editor, just select a unit a look at the left of the screen, in the small window where the unit stands. You can view their animations there. (you may also see animations with some other tools such as War 3 Viewer, Magos Model Editor...)
If you want to use a specific animation (in cinematic or not), remember the animation name, and then use this trigger:
  • SomeTrigger
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play Footman's stand animation
Instead of stand, you may use the name of the animation you want to play: stand alternate, attack, attack slam, death, spell, etc

To darken and lighten the screen, I reckon you must be speaking of fading in and out? If so, use these trigger:
  • SomeTrigger
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Fade out/in over X seconds using texture Black/White mask and color (Y%, Y%, Y%) with Z% transparency
You may change the X to whatever duration you want, the Ys to modify the filter colour (red, green, blue, from 0 to 255), and Z with the transparency you need (from 0 to 100%)
To darken the screen, use fade out, to lighten it, use fade in.
You might want to try out several options and see which suit your needs.

There are tutorials in the Hive in the tutorials section (have a look here), or in some other websites, you should probably check them out.

As for your last question, I'm not sure what you're refering to, can you be more specific?

Level 5
Good question. I didn't answer other questions because I don't think you should use WE if you want detailed movements like hand movements and crouching.

But:

Find actions "Cinematic Filter" or something.

Putting an image over the screen is also a cinematic filter, just select the texture/image you want.
Also I don't know what kind of letters you want to put, so that depends.
i think i could use some tools posted in this page for my project. but it seems really hard to make a wc3 cinematic like i want to make, i see. im plaining to make a wc3 campaign project. this is why i don't thhink sfm could create .w3x files for WE, or it do this?

Level 5
Making a character crouch or move his hands relies on the model animation set. Look at your unit's animations and see what your unit can do. To do so, in World Editor, just select a unit a look at the left of the screen, in the small window where the unit stands. You can view their animations there. (you may also see animations with some other tools such as War 3 Viewer, Magos Model Editor...)
If you want to use a specific animation (in cinematic or not), remember the animation name, and then use this trigger:
  • SomeTrigger
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play Footman's stand animation
Instead of stand, you may use the name of the animation you want to play: stand alternate, attack, attack slam, death, spell, etc

To darken and lighten the screen, I reckon you must be speaking of fading in and out? If so, use these trigger:
  • SomeTrigger
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Fade out/in over X seconds using texture Black/White mask and color (Y%, Y%, Y%) with Z% transparency
You may change the X to whatever duration you want, the Ys to modify the filter colour (red, green, blue, from 0 to 255), and Z with the transparency you need (from 0 to 100%)
To darken the screen, use fade out, to lighten it, use fade in.
You might want to try out several options and see which suit your needs.

There are tutorials in the Hive in the tutorials section (have a look here), or in some other websites, you should probably check them out.

As for your last question, I'm not sure what you're refering to, can you be more specific?
thx for your help, i'm reading some tutorials here but i can't found something refering my problem. about the last question, i ask about put an image or make letters figure on screen while the cinematics are running. i try to make a intro for a wc3 campaign project im creating.

Level 11
If you want an image, you may use the same trigger I mentionned above: Cinematic - Fade out/in over X seconds using texture Black/White mask and color (Y%, Y%, Y%) with Z% transparency
Instead of black or white mask, there are other filters you can use. I never tried it myself but I think it is possible to import your own images to be used as filters (search for tutorials about importing images)

If you want text, use one of these triggers:
  • SomeTrigger
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for X seconds the text: <Some Text>
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Mountain King named George: Play No sound and display <Some Dialog>. Modify duration: Add X seconds and Wait
The first one displays text in the middle-left of the screen. The second one makes a unit talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.