• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Sure thing. And i was wondering are Warcraft 3 maps still popular? i know its a old game and i remember my brothers were on this site. But now with SC2 out dose anyone care about War 3 maps?

Level 7
Welcome to the Hive, Enigma!

And i was wondering are Warcraft 3 maps still popular? i know its a old game and i remember my brothers were on this site. But now with SC2 out dose anyone care about War 3 maps?

For sure. Heaps of people can't afford/run/basically play Starcraft 2 (like me), and good old Warcraft 3 is the next best thing, really. Actually, I think that the WC3 forums are more active (if only just) than the SC2 forums, since it's still quite new. There are more sections, anyway.
Basically, Warcraft 3 maps are very popular, so don't be afraid. Even after all this time people are making new and exciting things, be it models, textures, spells, trigger systems, or just simple melee maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
Why thank you puggsoy, all that info was very helpful. Unfortunately this selected forum is restricted from using reputation. or thats what it says when i try. Anyways thanks.

Level 7
You can't give rep in introductions since it's mainly for announcing yourself to the community so normally it's not the most helpful conversation (aside from helping the new guy get his bearings).

Puggsoy, be careful that you don't appear to be asking for rep, which of course is against the rules

Yeah, Joe-black-5 told me about that and edited my post. I admit that it does look I'm asking for rep, although my point is to remind (or advise, if they don't know it yet) about giving rep.

But I won't do it anymore, or else I'll slip up one day and absolutely demolish the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.