• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello! I am Alkarion, I am new to the hiveworkshop community, and therefore, I am here introducing myself. (That and the website told me to :razz:) I have never actually made a full resource or mod (Rather released one anyway) within Warcraft 3, nor any other game I have attempted to modify so I hope I can bring something to the community, whilst learning of the various techniques in Warcraft. I used to play WoW a while back but, as it is rather expensive for my choice budget, I don't play anymore. But, irregardless the Warcraft universe is one my most favorite mythos in any gaming genre. Anyway, glad to be here, I've lurked for a while, just never made an account nor posted, therefore. I am not usually doing anything pertinent, so if you want to talk to a complete stranger, go ahead, I'm pretty friendly hehe.

EDIT 1# Also, I'd just like to mention that it is absolutely awesome we can customize our profiles. I thought that was unique for a forum.

EDIT 2# (Sorry for the block, it tis a bit long)(I suppose anyway)
I am currently working on a cinematic map, it is an introduction for a campaign I am building. I've completed about 1/5 of it's terrain, and so far it is looking good, I'll just have to make the triggers implement some stuff n' stuff.
So I suppose you can say I am mainly a terrainer, but this is simply due to what I am currently succeeding at most... lol. I hope to eventually become a full fledged map maker (JASS script, efficient systems,epic terrain etc). Anyway, my campaign I am making is a RPG, it centers around an unusual hero, one that with regards to another is indifferent. He is a Kobold. I chose this race over others, as it is quite uncommon, as most Kobolds never commit any action of bravery beyond their own noses. Anyway, this Kobold (Hereby named Kom) is a distinguished individual born with the gift of intelligence, unlike most Kobolds. However this gift in it own, is a curse to Kom, as it brings unrighteous retribution from his community in the form of him becoming a social outcast. This turmoil causes him to break free from the community escaping under nightfall finally secluding himself from the wretched community. He sets out in search of adventure, and intellectual growth for himself, to solve the elapsing enigmas that constantly batter him. However as he soon finds out, the news of his escape spreads beyond his home tunnel and reaches the rest of the Azerothian kobold tribes. Their leaders see Kom as a threat to their own security, because of an action he has perused, in his time in Kobold society. This being an ancient kobold rite, that hath never lefted the lips of the Kobolds since their etymology. They send assassins and forces of wickedness to stop him, for unbeknown to Kom he holds a terrible secret on his shoulders that could change the fate of himself and Azeroth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.