• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

hello i want introduce myself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hey...

at first.. i'm sorry for my bad english, i'm not nativespeaker :__:

i joint this site because im bohred by all this silly new RTS games with big graphics and shit gameplay... so i decidet to make my own full conversation map for WC3TFT.... i played al lot RTS games and of course WC3 for years... i used the mapeditor a lot and i belive i can create a good map for me and my friends (for lan-partys) and also for all the other WC3 players around the world...

but i need some little help... thats why i'm here :D

to my person :
i'm 23 years old, male, like RTS and RPG games,

my plan for my map :
- 2 sides (2v2, 3v3, 4v4)
- gameplay like DOTA - destroying the oposite HQ
- at start you choose a general (a hero like in WC3)
- you can build a base and harvest credits (maybe crystals like in starcraft)
- every general has other structures/units ( laser general gets laser infantry, laser tanks a.s.o)

right now i'm working on the models for this game ( model editor for quake 2 / md2... later convert it to wc3)

i need help/tutorials/answers for :

- polygon limit for units in wc3???
- how to add an other tileset
- how to create a other HUD/interface

-----------------------------------------------

if you got questions just ask...
if you have ideas or something, share with me :D

greetings
Noschi

Level 8
C&C Generals was a good game. I guess you plan to include beautiful nukes and fires.......
- polygon limit for units in wc3???
Sure, you will find answers here. And a lot of models and other resources.
- how to add an other tileset
- how to create a other HUD/interface
You'll find it in the Advanced option of root menu (1st and 5th).

Don't know what happens now, when modern Starcraft2 is out and some things fade away. SC inherited even more powerful editor, so you choose the gameplay by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.