• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello Hive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all, Nihilist_ here!

Over the past 6 years I have been an avid fan of WC3:RoC/TFT, and as such, have spent many (perhaps TOO many) hours playing many of the custom maps that find their way to Battle.net. Of the maps that I have had the pleasure of playing, by and far the ones that have used/linked/repped HiveWorkshop as either THE source, or one of the sources for artwork/models/mapping/etc. are the highest quality maps out there.

So I decided that 6 years after the release of WC3:RoC I was going to finally get all of my money's worth out of this game and started to delve into using the WorldEditor to try and put my mind to work making some interesting maps/adds to the WCUniverse.

Naturally, after having seen the quality of the resources that can be found here at Hive, I decided to join the community and start learning all that I could, hoping that at some point I can make some contributions to the WC3 fans everywhere.

I'm not too knowledgeable about the actual mechanics and how-to's at this moment, but I'm more than happy to critique (and yes, I'm fair with critiques - I was an art minor in college, and I've been immersed in artwork most of my life - I don't rip people new ones when it's obvious that they have put in time, effort, and a good portion of their pride, no matter how much reworking needs to be done - I'd rather give them critical analysis that HELPS them to improve), and as I begin working on a few of the projects that I have in the planning stages, I'll be releasing my work, and would appreciate any pointers/critiques that I can get.

Glad to be a part of one of the best WC3 project communities I've found!

~ Nihilist_

Status
Not open for further replies.