• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

haxer's skillpack v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hey, im a real new to making triggered Spells :) I want feedback and help to fix/improve my spells. Therefore i added my spells (all trigger made), they are my first and please don't mind being rough. If there is a bug i would like if you could write what is wrong and how to fix it.
Contains these spells:
-Hex: hexes enemy and spawns static traps which damage the enemy
-Trees of capture: capture the enemies in trees (inspired by Defence of the ancients - DoTa)
-Brightness & Contrast: Calls infernal stones which causes alot of damage.
-Holy glimpse:
Level 1, Heals Caster to full hp deals 500 damage.
Level 2, Heals full hp to caster, deals 500 dmg + raises dead units
Level 3, Heals full hp to caster, deals 500 dmg, raises dead units and charms some types of creeps (dunno how this happened but still :p ) also raised/charmed units are invurnable.
-Lightning Trauma: My longest trigger spell made. Creates barrels around target which does damage to everything (even caster) and stuns target for secs (depending by what level.) SICK DAMAGE and i would appriciate help decreasing damage and making it increase with every level.

Keywords:
Spells, lightning, holy, darkness, raise, infernal rain, pack.
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
Bribe: Waits make it not even close to MUI HUGE amounts of memory leaks Needs an in-game screenshot Too many things to list properly, this should be entirely re-written. Please ask for help on making you triggers MUI and leakless in the...

M

Bribe:

• Waits make it not even close to MUI
  • HUGE amounts of memory leaks
  • Needs an in-game screenshot
  • Too many things to list properly, this should be entirely re-written.

Please ask for help on making you triggers MUI and leakless in the Triggers & Scripts section: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/

Level 10
First read the rules and then put something here

The rules exist so that the first read and then respected.When the rules would not exist there would be chaos

Everything I told you, you just need to read the rules and will be ok

ur using waits. That makes the spell non-MUI (non-Multi-Instanceable)
plz fix that so i can give u an appropriate score.

btw:
1- you use waits
2- you didn't delete map initialization
3- your reset cooldowns trigger is not functional since there is no triggering unit because it's the player that types the message lol
4- your spell damage allies
5- you didnt post triggers
6- your spells are too simple
7- you shouldn't take pictures of your triggers like that, instead post your triggers like this:

• Bla bla bla

Ur score is thus a -2/5 lol XD

Level 10

btw:
1- you use waits
3- your reset cooldowns trigger is not functional since there is no triggering unit because it's the player that types the message lol
7- you shouldn't take pictures of your triggers like that, instead post your triggers like this:

• Bla bla bla

You should explain to him everything, you see that the beginner!?!

Level 2

btw:
1- you use waits

• Bla bla bla

-Btw removed the cdreset trigger thing which wasnt needed.
-Map initialization is removed
- Only Lightning trauma damages friends. If you dont want it that way, tell me how i can fix it <.<

oh right sorry. I just like to scare and intimidate people with knowledge lol

----
Give rep or Give head. <---- That's my newest quote
----
Since it seems you don't understand english too much, can you copy and paste all what is below into Google Translate and translate it to your best language?

Waits are actions in the triggers like: Wait 2.00 seconds OR Wait until bla bla bla...... Checking every 0.01 seconds

Never use them in spells because then the spell wouldn't be MUI.
MUI (Multi-Instanceable) means that you can use the spell many times at once without it bugging.

I hope u get it now, and i recommend you use a program like GIMP 2 or IrfanView to manage TGA files.

Last edited:
Level 2
oh right sorry. I just like to scare and intimidate people with knowledge lol

----
Give rep or Give head. <---- That's my newest quote
----
Since it seems you don't understand english too much, can you copy and paste all what is below into Google Translate and translate it to your best language?

Waits are actions in the triggers like: Wait 2.00 seconds OR Wait until bla bla bla...... Checking every 0.01 seconds

Never use them in spells because then the spell wouldn't be MUI.
MUI (Multi-Instanceable) means that you can use the spell many times at once without it bugging.

I hope u get it now, and i recommend you use a program like GIMP 2 or IrfanView to manage TGA files.

Omfg xD I fixed the tga picts + I said i understood what u meant by "waits"
Now, if u want to do me a favor HOW can i get rid of the waits OR what else trigger do i use?

For spells that use wait for something to happen once: (a bomb drop like in my Atomic Bomb Spell)

To get rid of the waits, add a variable and call it "counter" (it's an integer variable)
Create a trigger ( make it a loop that runs every 0.02 seconds )
This trigger will increase the value of "counter" by 1 every 0.02 seconds, meaning by 50 every second. In this loop, there will also be the rest of the actions of the spell that are after the wait. Get rid of this wait in ur original trigger and put instead an action that turns on the loop.
The loop will turn off when the counter reaches the required number.
If you want to use a wait for 2 seconds, for example, you should let the counter stop at 100. But remember to always set the counter back to 0. You must use indexes in ur spell for the variables too.

For spells that keep using waits, you should just use a loop - simply.

If you need a better explanation ask me.

BTW, lol i'm not the best person you can ask about this stuff, but i can help you a lot.
I'm a GUIer and i can work with JASS, but when it comes to vJASS, well i'm almost CLUELESS.

Level 2
For spells that use wait for something to happen once: (a bomb drop like in my Atomic Bomb Spell)

To get rid of the waits, add a variable and call it "counter" (it's an integer variable)
Create a trigger ( make it a loop that runs every 0.02 seconds )
This trigger will increase the value of "counter" by 1 every 0.02 seconds, meaning by 50 every second. In this loop, there will also be the rest of the actions of the spell that are after the wait. Get rid of this wait in ur original trigger and put instead an action that turns on the loop.
The loop will turn off when the counter reaches the required number.
If you want to use a wait for 2 seconds, for example, you should let the counter stop at 100. But remember to always set the counter back to 0. You must use indexes in ur spell for the variables too.

For spells that keep using waits, you should just use a loop - simply.

If you need a better explanation ask me.

BTW, lol i'm not the best person you can ask about this stuff, but i can help you a lot.
I'm a GUIer and i can work with JASS, but when it comes to vJASS, well i'm almost CLUELESS.

haha :)
Well i am abit confused.. It would be GREAT with a screenshot of showing.
F.ex 1pict with a WAIT and another with no wait to see what you mean. Btw i dont suck at english xD Thanks anyway mate

To clear this up, this is a wait:

• Wait 5.00 seconds

And sorry i thought u suck at english it's just that when you said u couldn't understand that guys english, i assumed that u were spanish lol or something, but now i get the feeling ur australian :p

Anyways, as i said before you should make a trigger with an event this like this:

• Every 0.02 seconds

And u should let it increase a variable "Counter" (it's an integer) by 1 every 0.02 seconds. The rest of the actions of the trigger should be in that loop too. Let me show u an example:

Instead of "Wait 2.00 seconds", you use this:

• Events
  • Every 0.02 seconds
  • Actions
  • Set counter = (counter + 1)
  • If - Conditions
  • counter = 100
  • Then - Actions
    • bla bla bla bla bla bla .................
  • Else - Actions

You get it? It's like making ur own custom timer out of an integer that keeps increasing.

If you need any help, just ask.

Level 2
To clear this up, this is a wait:

• Wait 5.00 seconds

And sorry i thought u suck at english it's just that when you said u couldn't understand that guys english, i assumed that u were spanish lol or something, but now i get the feeling ur australian :p

Anyways, as i said before you should make a trigger with an event this like this:

• Every 0.02 seconds

And u should let it increase a variable "Counter" (it's an integer) by 1 every 0.02 seconds. The rest of the actions of the trigger should be in that loop too. Let me show u an example:

Instead of "Wait 2.00 seconds", you use this:

• Events
  • Every 0.02 seconds
  • Actions
  • Set counter = (counter + 1)
  • If - Conditions
  • counter = 100
  • Then - Actions
    • bla bla bla bla bla bla .................
  • Else - Actions

You get it? It's like making ur own custom timer out of an integer that keeps increasing.

If you need any help, just ask.

Thx man. Still, could you f.ex open my skills and edit a skill? (ofc ill give you 50% credit for that skill :DDDDDDDDDDD
(Ps:AUSTRALIAN? Lulz, im norwegian. its like at the other side :D)

Last edited:
Level 3
link for hashtables hashtables

and a great way to save images is to
1.print screen
2.open the tga file
3.copy
4.open paint
5.paste
6.save as then change the save as type into jpg/jpeg/jpe

Level 10
Alright, I've tested the abilities...

Trees of Capture did not even show in the Paladin's ability list. Probably due to it being in the default active ability. You still need to put it in its normal ability list.

Looked at triggers... Uses waits, not MUI. -1

It worked, thankfully. Its decent in comparison, but it is not MUI. +0

Worked also, and unique. Its poorly triggered, as you could merely use loops with variables to avoid the MUI problem. +0

PS: You spell 'barrells' barrels.'

The ability itself works, but is too simple, and the description is unchanged. It is also not MUI. -1

Worked, but the 'secondary' effects did not. Nothing revived/charmed but everything was killed. Too simple, not MUI. -1

So let's tally up that score. 5 - 3 = 2 ---> 2/5
Vote for Rejection.

Please test your abilities/map more, and learn how to create MUI abilities.
Also, a spell check program wouldn't hurt.

I'll give you rep for effort, but...