• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Having trouble with the Galaxy Editor? Look for your problem here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to make a thread for all those asking for help. I will start by posting a few problems.

Please, suggest what should be put here.
This is rather simple. Right click on the unit you want to duplicate, and when the window pops up, asking you what you want to copy, tick everything. If they seem alright, CHECK THEM AGAIN. It's a bug that we aren't sure why it's happening. It's propably Blizzard's fault on this one.

This is obvious that the word you specified CANNOT be anywhere within your map. This includes Warcraft, Starcraft and possibly Diablo as well. The profanity filter blocks these words, so you have to change them.

This is simple. Right click on the left pane in the Trigger Editor, and move your cursor down to New. There should be a Create Variable button. Click it.
On a side note, to rename it, right click it and click Rename.

There are lots of guides on how to do these.
Hero and Item tutorial, contains some info on how to make abilities.
[HIVE]Creating Hero Attributes
[HIVE]Creatng Inventory Systems
[HIVE]Creating a Working Hero

Last edited:
Level 19
:) you copied all my help request topics!

btw for the locale, it was in the literal map description (where u used to go for wc3) Sry, getting used to it lol.

Level 3
MY question is simple and obvious for you. Lets see: I created ability, so how can I add it to my unit? I've opened unit menu, added my ability in Abilities - Abilities, and added icon in second ability setting, don't know how it is called in English version because my version is Russian, but when I test map, unit has no ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.