• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hard Spell Request!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi. I'm looking for someone who can help me do a triggering spell for me. It's meant to be based on Shockwave but like a tornado which causes damage based on the casting hero's intelligence and knocks the enemies back a short distance when they are hit by the tornado and after that slows their movement speed for 4 seconds. I hope someone will help me to do this spell. I'll give rep when it works like I want.

Level 9
Ok i guess i made some which should suit your idea.
The spell is written in normal jass, it´s MUI and leakless and does what you want. You can customize distance, damage eyecandy and stuff via the constant functions. Ofcourse the whole code is commented.

If you still got some questions just send me a pm.

[edit]
Damn. Forgot to put the manual in there, but now it got one.

Last edited:
Level 14
Ok i guess i made some which should suit your idea.
The spell is written in normal jass, it´s MUI and leakless and does what you want. You can customize distance, damage eyecandy and stuff via the constant functions. Ofcourse the whole code is commented.

If you still got some questions just send me a pm.

[edit]
Damn. Forgot to put the manual in there, but now it got one.
Yes that's how I want the spell but don't know anything about jass so i'm gonna need your help to get it to work in my map. I would also like you to insert a describetion how much damage and who much is slows for and duration of it.. I want it to cause damage equal to 1.75x/3.5x/5.25x/7x the casting hero's intelligence. The slow for the movement speed should be 15%/26%/35%/43% last 4 seconds. Thx for helping me.

Level 9
The spell now has tooltips and i configured it for your needs. Now you just need to import it to your map.

Tips for Importing
  1. Copy all things from the object editor to your map (Tornado dummy unit,the spell itself and the slow ability).
  2. Then copy the spell script to your map.
  3. Go to the GUI variables editor and create a variable of type hashtable and name it TB_HASHTABLE.
  4. Go back to the object editor and press STRG+D. Now you will see the rawcodes of the objects.
  5. Now enter the rawcode of the Tornado dummy in the function TB_DID.
  6. Now do the same for the Spell abilty and enter the rawcode in the function TB_SID.
  7. Do this a last time for the slow effect ability and enter the rawcode in the function TB_SlowID.
  8. When entering the rawcodes do not forget the '. Example:'XYZa'
  9. The importing is done now. Add the spell ability to your unit and HAVE FUN.
If there are still some issues just ask.

~TNT

Attachments

• tornado_blast_v0.2.w3x
    43.9 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.