• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

H4V0C AR3N4 1.8.6e

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
H4V0C Ar3n4(Havoc Arena)

This Map Is An Arena Type Of Game.
Info:
>There Are 16 Heroes To Be Chosen In Game
>You Have 40 Seconds To Chose Your Hero Before The Game Starts
>Some Items Are Custom-Made And Some Are Warcraft 3 Campaign Items(Potions)
>Music Commands Available For Player 1(Red).Type -Commands In Game To See.
>You Can Chose How Much Kills You Need To Get To Win The Game.
>There Are 2 Teams Available,Eagle Eye Team And Mighty Fury Team.
>Hero Level,Items,Teamwork Owns The Game!
>There Is A Streak Function Which Counts How Much Kill Streaks You Get.
>For Better Game Experience,Try Playing 3 VS 3 Or 4 VS 4.
>You 'May' Find This Game That Some Heroes Are Imbalanced.
>There Are 3 Shops In This Game.
>About 12 Custom-Made Items Are Available.
>And Remember, Play 4 Fun-Not 4 Frag.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[highlight]Changelog Version 1.8.6e:[/code]
>New Heroes,Gambler And Dire Wolf
>Some Bugs Fixes And Updates.....
>Fixed Memory Leaks!.

MinimapHavocArena.jpg
SkullWhite.png
Tower.jpg
PeonOffer.jpg
Fishing.jpg
ArenaGang.jpg
WAZAP.jpg

Keywords:
arena,havoc,dota,hero.
Contents

H4V0C AR3N4 1.8.6e (Map)

Reviews
04:40, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Ok let see... H4V0C AR3N4 1.4d1

Things that I like:

1st - Quest Log
2nd - Special Effects like doodads
3th - Nice spells
4th - Hints

Things that I don't like

1st - Map description
2nd - Animated loading screen looks bad (if host use bot, players don't wait others they can instantly join game so there is no point for ALS)
3th - Hero descriptions are very poor
4th - Abilities descriptions are very poor
4th - Hero selection system is very poor
5th - Spawned Creeps are 2 strong
6th - No AI
7th - Music is bad, use blizzard music instead (there are people that don't like DRUM for example)
8th - Hero abilities and names, models are 2 much dota like
9th - No custom items, recipes, item systems etc

Word or 2 to Author:

This arena map looks nice, terrain is average with some cool stuff, but there is no items, only 13 heroes so far, some abilities are poor some looks good, descriptions are fail -.-!
Try to create AI, add items, item systems, add random events like duel, team battle etc! Improve descriptions, add more heroes!

Here you go 1.5 from me now (that means 2/5)

2/5

Level 5
Umm the post above me bassically said everything i disliked minus some of them but overall i loved it my dislikes were the following

-There was no ai
-The Selection for heroes
-Music

my likes however were how the map looked, i loved it ^^, and the spells were awesome, anyway make some adjustments, and follow everything buddy above me said, i may not agree 100% but he is right, good map other wise final rating would be a 3/5

Level 6
[rainbow]Go here for codes to help with your description good sir, because beleive it or not, that's the only thing keeping me from downloading and reviewing this map.

If you'd like some examples of a good description try the following links, and maybe give rep to the authors for being so awesome :)

Shining Waters by R.Gaming_Strike

Feel free to let me know when description is updated so I may review the map. :)[/rainbow]

Level 8
[rainbow]Go here for codes to help with your description good sir, because beleive it or not, that's the only thing keeping me from downloading and reviewing this map.

If you'd like some examples of a good description try the following links, and maybe give rep to the authors for being so awesome :)

Shining Waters by R.Gaming_Strike

Feel free to let me know when description is updated so I may review the map. :)[/rainbow]

Thanks For Your BB Code.:thumbs_up:
+Rep

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

The Description could use a few more improvements but at least there is something there now. Also, a few more Screenshots would be nice =D

Level 12
I for one think that the description MUST be improved.

Things I like:
Doodas
Quest Log

Well, that is about the only stuff I like in your map.
Now to things that I don't like.

Things that I DISlike:
Number of Heroes
Hero Skills
Hero Description
Terrain
Uselessness of the items there are in the game
Number of items even available
3 Shops? That's weak man.

Things that I HATE:
The fact there is no AI
The stupid Music
The idiotic Team Names

Hope this helps!

Level 8
Quote:I for one think that the description MUST be improved.

Things I like:
Doodas
Quest Log

Well, that is about the only stuff I like in your map.
Now to things that I don't like.

Things that I DISlike:
Number of Heroes
Hero Skills
Hero Description
Terrain
Uselessness of the items there are in the game
Number of items even available
3 Shops? That's weak man.

Things that I HATE:
The fact there is no AI
The stupid Music
The idiotic Team Names

Hope this helps!

Things That I Agree With You:
-No AI
-Hero Description
-Number Of Items Available
-Number Of Shops

Is Blizzard Music Stupid To You?

Level 1
Charming. Really charming. I like this game.
I now played 3 rounds with 2 mates and we really think this is playable.
The direct hero against hero makes it fun and different from other arenas where you farm most of the time.
For further development I think is important that you stay true to what the game now is all about: hero killing by ganging.
I have some suggestions you might want to think about:
- farming doesn't actually do anything
Killing heroes gives you alot more gold and exp and is also easier.
You could make farming a bit easier by decreasing the creeps health and maybe increasing their damage (I gonna explain that later) and make them give more exp and at the same time make killing heroes give less exp. That way players would kill heroes for gold and kill creeps for exp. Or you could make creeps drop tomes/gold coins/runes. So creeps would boost stats. Or just both ^^

- creeps
As already said creeps could have more damage and less health. That way you could still farm them, but would have to watch out for heroes who are trying to gang you, because you are on low health. Also a huge aspect to the game is the possibility to run into creeps in order to die. That way you avoid feeding enemy heroes. That's good and brings skill into the game.

- items
I think the basic idea is good. Easy items for a chaotic and fast arena. You don't have to change much and for gods sake don't add recipes. What's important: Change the buttons for the upgrades. Make them look like the basic items with a little up-arrow or a plus in a corner. So people can see fast, which item to get. They should be tome like items (don't know the exact word in english since I use the german editor), so you use them instant and they don't need an inventory slot, since in the heat of battle you don't want to drop your 6th item in order to be able to upgrade. Also it shouldn't require the item to be in the first slot. Just pick the first in order ( 1 to 6 ). Then, if there is no item to upgrade, just add a different item to the inventory which is then replaced with the tome upgrade item if it's dropped.
Then items should sell for about 75% of what they costed (+all the upgrades). I'd suggest to make a lvl 4 for all the items in which they get an active or passive ability (like sprint for boots and bash for the stenght medalion). The 3 shops are fine. It could be a cool strategie to camp the most important ones. Just the goblin merchant doesn't help. You don't need those items, really. Think of something else. ^^

- heroes
All of the heroes sould have abilites which define the way you can play them. Your Tinker is a nice adaption from DotA to your arena, since the refresh doesn't have casting time. You can just spam as long as you got mana. That's the kind of mechanic every hero should have. The gambler is interesting since you can use him to pool gold to other players. While he can get alot of gold without killing heroes, he doesn't have to fight them. Which is supported by his sprint ability. Still, he is useable for ganging with his stun. Some heroes should be strong if you are skilled. Like that ability of the void walker, swinging an enemy around. (I love it btw.) You could add the effect that it would punch away other heroes hit with it. Or it could cause more damage if the hero hits obstacles.

- add some modes ^^
Make player red select by dialog: All pick | All random | Death Match (get new hero every time you die, may require more heroes)

Things to fix:
- You should stick with the color scheme with all items. The mask of death lvl 3 looks weird in an all gold inventory. So does the claws of atack.
- You really need to fix the icon positions. It's really annoying how they are scattered all over the place. Just use the normal wc3 scheme.
- The bash of those creeps in the right is pretty strong. You can hardly farm them.
- The abilities of the gambler should all show the gold additions and substractions in the typical wc3 pattern and if you convert reals into strings cut the digits after the dot (use substrings).
- Samuros ultimate is a bit too strong. But is cool, since it only hits heroes within a range. Does it target? If so, remove that and add like 3 seconds cast time. That way it would become a ability which requires skill.

About the few things said earlier by others:
- That animated loadingscreen really isn't needed, since your map isn't too popular on battle.net and people want to download fast. Just use a generic loading screen with loading players and the minimap.
- Fuck the AI. Nobody needs it. If players leave sell all their items and split it amongst the others.
- It's not important if you use the basic ideas about DotA heroes. The game doesn't try to be DotA. Wtf are you guys arguing about? But in fact, I'd like to see your own hero ideas. If you use dota heroes, try to adapt them to your arena. If you have to change an ability completely do so.
- Hero selection is fine. What's wrong with taverns? Just place them so you can differentiate amongst them.
- The music isn't actually bad. You can leave it as it is. But most people listened to that exact song for about 1000 times and had enough. You could try to implement a playlist. Use some nice orc music.
- As already said. The number of items is actually fine. The goblin merchant is useless. You could get some interesing new items in there. I just can't think of any right now.