• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gundam Map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I just had this amazing idea. How about a gundam (like the online game) warcraft III competitave map? Altough would very from normal game causing you to only have one gundam like hero to start with and then you are able to upgrade its armor, weapons.... Altough would need a good model maker for this since there are no gundam models online.

Oh, forgot to mention: It will be a third person shooting game where you are able to fly around, while shooting units with weapons and slicing units with swords. The idea is to make it a very fast game so the units should have low life...

Btw. Gundams is more or less robots like transformers but not like transformers... :eekani:

There can be game modes like team death match, death match, free for all, Capture the flag, last man standing, Survival...

Also would need others to help

Gundam Online Game:
GOnlineScreenShot_20080204_203445.jpg

Gundam:
gundam-musou.jpg

gundam-seed-destiny-01-1024.jpg

Sorry the pictures is HUGE :sad:

Level 8
Mmm. Do you know the author, since there is some since gundam models in the map?

Maybe I shouldn't base it on gundam, but rather create my own story with my own mechs?

But anywhay my idea so far:

Innitally player one selects a game mode: Game modes will be:
Death Match
Team Death Match
CTF 1 (Capture the flag but only one flag and have to take it to enemy base)
CTF 2 (Normal CTF)
Assault (Destory enemy base)

After selecting a game mode you will select a map. All maps will be made in such a way that they can be used for most of the game modes.

I will do one of two ideas:

Idea 1: You select a gundam from a series of pre created gundams

Idea 2: (Will need a someone to make models for this: You create your own gundam like mech. You can select parts (legs, chest, wings, weapons...) All parts will cost gold. How you would model this (I think) is having a invisible model with lots of attachment points and you will then attach legs, chest armor etc. by means of special effects. I think truly this will make the map amazing and grant players something they have never had before: Pure customization in a FPS.

Thereafter combat: My idea so far:

You will have 2 modes of movement:

Normal:
Up arrow: Move forward
Down arrow: Move backward
Left arrow: Turn Left
Right arrow: Turn Right

Booster: If booster is enabled (by Esc) Will be disabled in some maps and when carrying the flag. You will need to buy a booster before you can use it. Your booster will have limited feul. In some maps you will only have a booster and will have unlimited feul.
W: Increase booster speed
S: Decrease booster seed
A: Boost left
D: Boost right
Up arrow: Look upward
Down arrow: Look downward
Left arrow: Look left
Right arrow: Left Right

Combat:
E: Attack in facing angle
Q: Second function attack in facing angle
Left Click: Normal Attack to target point/angle
Right Click: Second function targeted unit
R: Toggel weapon

Weapons will include:(Names lame I know) (you will have 2 weapons at a time)
Plasma Cannon: Medium damage. Short range. Medium rate of fire.
H.E. Cannon: Large Damage. Medium range. Slow rate of fire
Homing Missiles: Small Damage. Medium range. Slow rate of fire (Homing)
Laser Cannon: Small Damage. Short range. Very fast rate of fire (Instant)
Gauss Cannon: Massive Damage. Medium range. Very slow rate of fire. (Very slow missile)
Cluster Rocket: Medium damage. Short range. Slow rate of fire (fires multiple rockets)

Plasma Sword: Huge damage. Close. Medium attack rate
(Name undecided, but a sword): Insta-kill. Close range. Slow attack rate. Very large gold cost.
Shield: Not a weapon, but takes a weapon slot. Reduce damage taken from the front by 35%

That is my idea so far... Most will only be possible when I get a modeller to do the models. Also I would like others to work with me on this and make it a open source map

Level 8
Why to not just make Transformers? :p

Its (almost) impossible to have a game with Warcraft like you imagine it. Arrow controls, flying, rockets...

Good idea, but I think in the end I'm not going to end up with a spesific theme. Damm, I need models.... Argh.... I should then make it that all you have 2 forms instead of a booster. All units can then toggel between a aircraft and a land mech. The controlls will be a lot esier to make, altough I will loose a lot of what would make the map unique and if I don't get a model maker to model my weapon/custmization system... well... Then its just another 3d modern combat war3 map :sad:

Level 7
dude deprotect the map if you can just dont tell anyone..hehe joke =_= fail..your idea was quite nice but the models is impossible..

Status
Not open for further replies.