• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Guitar Hero Style - Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you could make images show as like credits as such on screen, or just on the centre of their screen. I would like images to slowly flow onto their screen, like Guitar Hero as such. I'm not quite sure about this, and anything (especially JASS) will be welcomg. Otherwise showing the image on the centre of their screen; I'm attempting to make arrows to show on their screen as you press on the keyboard.

Secondly, if possible is there a way to show images? In GUI, it seems buggy which the image created does not show at all when playing the game. I have tried this tutorial and used it in JASS, but eventually the image stretches and gives a horrible result; if possible could you please the answer please

Andy Phan.

Level 4
About making it look like it's at center of screen or whatever just lower camera to a low-angle and then make custom models or whatever come towards the camera?

Level 9
About making it look like it's at center of screen or whatever just lower camera to a low-angle and then make custom models or whatever come towards the camera?
Yes, I know that; thanks for answering one part of it but how do I create a image in a certain region; I know when I try GUI it is buggy. That is the question I'm hoping to get answered without any problems.

Level 9
Keep in mind that when I say this I probably misunderstood the question, but you want 2 dimensional images to be displayed on the player's screen, and for them to be cycled through when the player presses the arrow keys?
Yes that is correct; the only problem is that when I create a image through GUI, it eventually does not appear (with the correct regions, of course). I am looking for a 2D images to appear so that when the button is pressed as such, it will do another random arrow button. It is much typically like Guitar Hero, where you just press the buttons on your guitar as such.

In order to make images appear, you will have to "Image - Change (Last created image): Enable render always state". Note that the point you are going to create the image counts as the left-bottom corner of the image, so, depending on the image's size, you will have to create a point with polar offset (the offset equals to the diagonal dimension of the image) to create it exactly where you want.
I suggest using custom Cinematic Filter and use the action "Cinematic - Advanced Filter" to do this trick.
For the issue in the inbox, I don't have much of time to answer; when I get, I will, but honestly, no need to worry, it's the beginning of the adolescence.

Level 9
In order to make images appear, you will have to "Image - Change (Last created image): Enable render always state". Note that the point you are going to create the image counts as the left-bottom corner of the image, so, depending on the image's size, you will have to create a point with polar offset (the offset equals to the diagonal dimension of the image) to create it exactly where you want.
I suggest using custom Cinematic Filter and use the action "Cinematic - Advanced Filter" to do this trick.
For the issue in the inbox, I don't have much of time to answer; when I get, I will, but honestly, no need to worry, it's the beginning of the adolescence.
Thanks, I will try it when I have time. I tried JASS code of it, but eventually the image stretches out and doesn't turn out well, with weird ways of viewing the image. Anyways, I thank you again and don't worry, I can probably handle it myself.

I will try this at a later time though, I got a English essay to do anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.