• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI unit group questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Wondering if there is any great deal of difference between clearing unit groups in different ways in GUI

1) At the end of each branch of a "pick all units in group and do actions" loop, do "remove picked unit from group"

2) After the "pick all units" block, do "clear group"

3) Custom Script: set group = null

Additionally, is it always good to do a "Unit group is empty" check before running a "pick every unit in unit group" loop?

Level 6
A Question: Will destroying a unit group in a loop trigger of an ability, Say one that holds caster units will this effect units that would need to be in the group still? I don't currently use call destroygroup but if its better I will make the changes.

Level 4
A Question: Will destroying a unit group in a loop trigger of an ability, Say one that holds caster units will this effect units that would need to be in the group still? I don't currently use call destroygroup but if its better I will make the changes.

dont destroy a group unless you plan to re-assign it by using "set unit group ="

a destroyed unit group cannot be referenced by its global variable until that variable is set to a new group

Status
Not open for further replies.