• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] [GUI] Need help with a medium-difficulty triggered spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello hive!

I am currently working on a AoS map that will use a hero selection system that only allows one hero of each type per game, meaning that the spell doesn't need to be MUI. (Although it would be good if they were, so I could add a gamemode which allows duplicate heroes without changing the spell).

Name: Fireball (Temporary name, will change this as soon as I comes up with a better one).
Tooltip: Throws a fiery ball of fire towards a targeted location. (Again, this is also temporary).
Description: The caster hurls a fireball towards a targeted location and deals ((((50 x Level of Ability of Unit) + 50) + (Intelligence of Caster x 0.8)) in an area.

My current triggers:

1)
Name: FB Cast

Events
A Unit Finishes casting an ability

Conditions
Ability being cast = Fireball

Actions
Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit at position of caster
Unit - Set movement speed of last created unit to 800 (Missle speed of Fireball's projectile)
Unit - Order last created unit to move to target point of ability being cast
Set variable - Set FB_DummyUnit = Last created unit
Rect - Center FB TargetPoint on Target point of ability being cast
Trigger - Turn on FB DummyEntersArea

2)
Name: FB DummyEntersArea

Events
A unit enters FB TargetPoint

Conditions
Triggering Unit = FB_DummyUnit

Actions
This is the part I need help with!
I need something that deals ((((50 x Level of Ability of Unit) + 50) + (Intelligence of Caster x 0.8)) damage to each enemy unit in a range of 200 of target point of ability being cast.

If anyone could help me with this I would be forever thankful!

Thank you //Crucial

Level 11
Actions
This is the part I need help with!
I need something that deals ((((50 x Level of Ability of Unit) + 50) + (Intelligence of Caster x 0.8)) damage to each enemy unit in a range of 200 of target point of ability being cast.

• Actions
  • Set Temp_Group = Units within 200 of FB Target Point matching (Matching unit belongs to an enemy of owner of (Casting unit variable).
  • Unit Group - Pick every Unit in Temp_Group and do Actions:
  • Unit - Cuase (Casting unit variable) to damage (Picked Unit) dealing ((((50 x Level of Ability of Unit) + 50) + (Intelligence of (Casting unit variable) x 0.8)) of damage type X and attack type X.
  • Custom Script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group)

Status
Not open for further replies.