• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
It certainly is not the best Marvel Cinematic Universe film, however it probably is not the worst and the term "sucked" should not be used with it.
What are you serious!!!!!

the movie had zero plot besides, 'smash bad guys'

groot only said, 'I am groot'

and what even happened in that movie. I've watched it twice and none of it was entertaining,

seriously are you guys just playing Some twisted joke on reality?

Level 19
Interesting.

Everybody has different opinions.
I guess so... I just didn't expect there to be a fandom.

so weird.... but hey, everyone has weird things they like to watch

boys watching my little pony
girls watching bikini beach
devoted religious people watching south park
and critics watching the walking dead

Level 32
What are you serious!!!!!

and what even happened in that movie. I've watched it twice and none of it was entertaining,

seriously are you guys just playing Some twisted joke on reality?
I found the movie to be a breathe of fresh air for both Sci-Fi and Superhero movies, especially Fantasy-Sci-Fi ones which more often than not, seem like Star Wars ripoffs.
I find this to be the funniest Marvel movie. It's not because of Groot, but how funny each of the characters are in reaction to each other. The cast got some real chemistry.

No plot? What do you mean? It's not even close to a "only smash bad guys" movie, it has tons to do with the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe plot-line, along with the backgrounds of what the characters went through. You could read the plot here: Guardians of the Galaxy (film) - Wikipedia
I guess so... I just didn't expect there to be a fandom.

so weird.... but hey, everyone has weird things they like to watch

boys watching my little pony
girls watching bikini beach
devoted religious people watching south park
and critics watching the walking dead

There isn't a massive fandom from what I saw, it's more so that this was a movie you saw a lot of people enjoy, across the internet and among friends.

If you noticed before the release, this was treated like a side movie from the marvel universe because very few people outside of comic readers knew the GotG. Then, when it came out, it surprised a lot of people in a very positive way.

Reactions: pyf

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It sets up some of the infinity stones for later films. Very important because Thanos is going to get most/all of them in a future Avengers film so one really has to know where they are.

Also it being action orientated made a nice change from plot heavy films like Iron Man 3.

Which is amusing... Especially when and how he says it.

and what even happened in that movie.
Quite a lot of stuff happened, but most of it only fans or people watching future films will understand.

find this to be the funniest Marvel movie.
That was the intention of the film. In the main films Tony Stark had to fight a evil business partner, evil co-worker of his parent, evil half-brother of a god, evil fire breathing scientist, evil creation of his and not evil Captain America. During that epic saga he had to deal with all kinds of problems like alcoholism, blood poisoning, seeing an alien war ship, having his home trashed, creating a robot than nearly destroys the world and finding out that his best friend's friend killed his father. Where as in Guardians of the Galaxy you can watch a variety of coloured humanoids, a Racoon with guns and a tree fight huge hoards of aliens like its something they do every day while still tying in to all that. It is similar to how Ant-Man took a step back from the seriousness.

There isn't a massive fandom from what I saw, it's more so that this was a movie you saw a lot of people enjoy, across the internet and among friends.
I personally like most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, hence I also like the film. As I said though, it is no Avengers Assemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.