• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guard WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This is a WIP of my newest made-from-scratch-model. A Cityguard. I was inspired by the roman army.

The texture isn't complete yet. It justs to locate which parts needs highlights/shadows etc.

/discuss

It looks quite good so far (the texture >< it is, well, annoying)

I've seen some things that would need to be fixed:

- The upper arms look too round, I think you should try to enhance it
- The chest looks a little big, well, when we look at the model overall, it looks weird because of the proportions legs-chest. That's my opinion.
- you should model half-closed hands, not a open one: it'll be easier to animate it without having the feeling that the hands are "wierd"

Remember, that's my opinion, feel free to do whatever you want :)

May we see the wireframes? especially to see the elbow joints.

Level 11
First, thanks fo your reply and your critic.

- The upper arms look too round, I think you should try to enhance it

I will narrow them a little

- The chest looks a little big, well, when we look at the model overall, it looks weird because of the proportions legs-chest. That's my opinion.

That's the result of the cameraangle and the texture, in gameview the model looks more realistic^^

- you should model half-closed hands, not a open one: it'll be easier to animate it without having the feeling that the hands are "wierd"

The hands are open, cause they will be animated => f.e. open => close around a weapon etc

Nevertheless thanks for your intereset. More WIP's will be linked soon.

Thy

Level 11
Another WIP.

- narrowed the arms
- changed propotions of several bodyparts
- startet to edit the texture(chest almost done)

/discuss

Thy

Status
Not open for further replies.