• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grunt Defend Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Could anyone change the grunt model that is already in wc3 to have a defend and walk-defend action, just like the footman? I would like to be able to still use the grunt skin that is already in warcratIII, but it is ok if it has to have a new skin too.

It is for my AOS. I would like to see my grunts and footmen run at each other down the lanes with their sheilds up and defending. I already have footmen doing it, but grunts do not seem to have a defend action.

Thank you for reading this. If you are able to present a model to meet my need I will give you credit in my map and rep.

Level 7
I transferred the anims, and the result wasn't pretty. All of the grunts spell things were on him, he had two axes and in total, it wasn't easy to remove that stuff either, or so it looked, it was a lot too complicated for me.

i did the same, the grunt attacked and defended but the axe kept flickering in and out in game. maybe if you removed the grunts weapon with the vertex program and used a different sword and shield it would work.

*edit* i also tried importing the animations one at a time. it worked for one animation such as defend stand but trying to load the same file again and putting the 2nd animation in didn't work. so if you were to import just the defend stand or defend walk one will work but they wont work together from what i have tested. also aside from the flickering axe when ever he moves hes got his corpse that follows him under his feet. so i don't think this could be done unless some one were to manually do this in 3ds max and add the animations.

Last edited:
Unscrewed,I kind've quit skinning Grunts,only have a Chaos Grunt with a shield,you might not like the Grunts Footman anims,the closest I can do to give it the ability to Defend would be making the shield bigger.

Either that or I could send you an unarmed normal Grunt & I could let you attach the shield yourself.I have some attachments you could add to it to,heres how:
Create Ability (Fire Orb)
set all stats to 0
Remove the 'missile' and 'special' objects
Switch Target object with an axe attachment
Set Target attachment points to 'Hand, Left'

For the shield,do the same except change the attachment points to 'Hand, Right' and make sure your attaching a Right Handed shield.
The attachments I use come from Skrab's own released Weapon Pack,so give all due credit to him.
Give me your answer and i'll send you one of the Grunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.