• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

grouping units together as one troop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am planing on making a map but first I need to know a triegger where you summon a hero and when the hero is done a bunch of other units appear next to him and when he moves so do that units.Plus the units need there own health,attack there own enemies,etc. Look at TH15's legionaries(somethin like that) for an idea
on what I am looking for.

Level 2
If I wanted to do waves I could just ask a friend on B.net what I mean is like build one unit...when unit is done that unit and others of same type apear....when you move the one unit you built the others follow.Kinda like grouping units permenatly.

Level 6
i think that hes talking about Dawn of War style gaming (best game eva)

basically, instead of building a sinlge Orc, you'd build a squad of 5 Orcs. This squad operates as one single unit: One single command will order all 5 orcs. However, each orc has his own health value. The squad can then be upgraded in size after it has been built by clicking on upgrade buttons. Also, specific members of the squad (ie up to 2 members) can be upgraded with different weapons. All members of the squad must attack the same unit.

Re:Gamerdude:
In warcraft, this style of gameplay wouldn't be that effective: the main advantages of this style are the one-man upgrades and morale levels.

However, if in fact you do want to do this..
The hero would need specific abilities which spawn more troops and upgrade the other members of the squad.
When the hero is built, a trigger like so:

Event:
A unit finished training
Condition:
Unit-type of trained unit equal to (Orc Hero)
Event:
Create 5 Orc Grunts at Position of Trained Unit
Add last created unit group to (Orc Unit [1])
Add trained unit to (Orc Unit [1])

That will create a unit group called Orc Unit
Then another trigger set would need to be created covering every single move that (Orc Hero) could do, ie:

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
Conditions
(Triggering unit) Equal to Orc_Hero
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
Then - Actions
Unit Group - Order Orc_Unit[1] to Attack (Target unit of issued order)
Else - Actions
Do nothing
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
Then - Actions
Unit Group - Order Orc_Unit[1] to Move To (Target point of issued order)
Else - Actions
Do nothing
etc etc etc

Thats as far as i can do now, reply here if you want more help
Bort

Status
Not open for further replies.