• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gronn V.4

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Enjoy. Gronn model made by me and Chr2! Awesome texture is it not?

Give credit to my friend please ;)

Updates will be made. Currently I am working on Hero version of Gronn. So stay tunned.

Model should be fully functional.

See ya

Updated, death animations and decay should be fine now.
Update again, tryed the fix with the too soon decay animations.

You can use this icon by Marhsmellow

Keywords:
Ogre, Gronn, Slayer, Maniac, Maneater, Warcraft, Outland, Draenor, Giant, Monster, WoW, Master, Slaver, God, Club
Previews
Contents

Gronn V.4 (Model)

Gronn V.4 Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Lovely model with a beautiful skin and nicely adjusted animations. Works in-game and performs well. Approved
Level 5
This model has a great potential BUT some problems remain :
  1. You haven't uploaded the good version that's still the V.2 and not the V.3 as you specified in your title.
  2. The team color texture on the tattoos go too unnoticed and deserve to be clearer and more extensive.
  3. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, please, make and give him a real portrait (based on giant's ?), he deserves it. :)

Level 38
This model has a great potential BUT some problems remain :
  1. You haven't uploaded the good version that's still the V.2 and not the V.3 as you specified in your title.
  2. The team color texture on the tattoos go too unnoticed and deserve to be clearer and more extensive.
  3. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, please, make and give him a real portrait (based on giant's ?), he deserves it. :)
I think the model is V3 but the name of the file is just V2.
Team colored textures are ment to be this way, they look more natural.
And about the portrait...yes I am working on it :) so hopefuly it will be soon!

Level 5
Cool ! I am glad to learn that. I'm sorry but I have just noticed another problem, I don't know from which unit you get the death sound but it seems no longer that of the giant, we don't hear anymore the thud of the colossus collapsing with heaviness and that, it spoils everything. :(

Please, can you fix that too?

Level 38
Cool ! I am glad to learn that. I'm sorry but I have just noticed another problem, I don't know from which unit you get the death sound but it seems no longer that of the giant, we don't hear anymore the thud of the colossus collapsing with heaviness and that, it spoils everything. :(

Please, can you fix that too?

Dont really know what you mean with that. What exactly is the problem?

Not sure what I might be doing wrong here but I can for the life of me not import this model correctly (using 1.29).

I have tried the following paths:

war3mapimported/GronnUnitV4.mdx + Textures\gronn.blp

GronnUnitV4.mdx + Textures\gronn.blp

GronnUnitV4.mdx + gronn.blp

GronnUnitV4.mdx + Textures/gronn.blp

None of them seems to be working. I have restarted the world editor every time I tried a new path combination, but I am still getting "Can't load mdx file" errors.

EDIT: And this was of course just because I forgot to change the model file of the unit, I feel stupid now :p