Greetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am Dakurus, a player which mainly plays on the US East server. I have a bit of experience with map making. I originally joined this site to have a place to spread my creations to the general public, not being able to host can really be annoying. I figured that since I went to the effort of registering, I may as well contribute more to this site then just maps. I currently have 2 maps uploaded, any feedback or critism of them I will gladly take. I still have a bit to learn with the World Editor, for example, creating custom Loading Screens.

Level 7
Ahh .. that is music to my ears ... map-making (not rly). Anyways pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the Hive, Dakurus. We hope you have good time here and hopefully your maps will be popular. :wink:

In any other point, can you tell me your 2 map's names I would like to test and play your maps btw. :grin:

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Greetings Dakurus. Thanks for joining our community and contributing your stuff. It looks like you've been working on Loap Undead v1 and LIZARDS!!! By all means, feel free to start Map Development threads to get additional feedback.

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 3
Thank you all for the welcome, and Wolverabid just sent the links for my current maps. LIZARDS!!! is meant to be a fun mini game when you haven't got much time. LoaP Undead was my main project, I wanted to create a LoaP which seperated itself from all the other lousy and rigged versions that wander around battle.net, I created the map with my brother. Please, give me feedback and critism with comments or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.