1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Greenday Fans Or Not

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Almost_there, Sep 19, 2005.

?

Green day Fan?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almost_there

Almost_there

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just wondering who else likes GreenDay

2. Shamanruler

Shamanruler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    greenday is just plain awful
    i never really liked them...they are way to poppy for my taste

*cough*listen to ska*cough

3. JetPack

JetPack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Every time I hear one of their awful songs on the radio I consider stabbing myself in the ears, thus deafing myself from their pop garbage. Then of course I come to the logical conclusion and just turn off the radio. I prefer earlier rock, The Who, The Band, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, etc. If you can find me a modern band that is as talented as The Band I'll be amazed, everyone but the guitar player could play at least 3 instraments with one guy being able to play six, on top of this they all could sing quite well.

Greenday falls in the category of garbage, which consists of all new music. Generally every song involves smashing the crash symbol and then hitting the snare drum on the fourth beat. The guitar is a mindlessly repitive and the singing isn't in my personal taste either.

4. Menelvalar

Menelvalar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I actually like some Greenday songs. They may not be on the level of the earlier rock now known as "classic rock", not even near, but that does not make them bad.

I also don't think that a band's talent is in how many instruments they can play, I believe it rests more in how well they can play said instruments, work together to play them, how creative their songs are, etc. etc.

For example, Jimi Hendrix is not remembered for how many instruments he could play, but how well he could play one, the guitar.

5. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    **** those ignorant hippie bastrads *hack *couph*

Oh, and their music sucks, too.
    -VGsatomi

6. Raiju

Raiju

Resources:
    Resources:
    its not that i dont like Greenday...

i HATE them from the bottom of my heart

7. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    ^^
    I never listened to them, cause I never listen to radio.
    But apparently... seems to be somehow... unpopular here ?^^

8. JetPack

JetPack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wherever you live I want to live there!

9. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    its popular if your a fellow 'ignorant hippie bastard'. me hates greenday also. too not-rockish and too pop-ish.

on an off-topic note, soon-to-be hurricane Rita is coming right for me...

10. Shamanruler

Shamanruler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hell im an ignorant hippy and they are total shit

11. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the only reason they won all those music awards is becuse people felt sorry for them.

12. iplaystarcraft

iplaystarcraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    ya, Green Day fucking shit fucking damn SUCKS! :roll:

13. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thats because France (government, at least) hates everything with "American" and "Pop culture" in the same sentance. I've read about some of their domestic policies about staving of the "foreign culture invasion" right down to limiting the number of American movies and music that crosses the French borders in accordance so it doesnt outnumber the domestic ones released...it's quit harsh I must say.... :shock:
    -VGsatomi

14. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    and thats there why i dont like the french. its like they feel their society is so much superior to the americans that they cant be "tainted" by influence of ours. but in a way pop-culture is complete bull**** so i cant blame 'em too much actually.

15. Teppana

Teppana

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, as I like every single damn style of music (yes, Pins, even Aphax whatever :p )I hate myself

but really, as I like everything from rap to Super black satanworshipper death metal, my music taste is godlike

I just cannot hate any band, that's also the reason why I am so bg U.V fan :mrgreen:

and so, atlast, we come to the main point, I like green day. amen

16. Raiju

Raiju

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh no Teppana! :shock:

*blergh*

thats the thing i like about the France, perhaps, they are the last country who is not completely infested by the american poison

i cant say nothing since, Mexico is infested to the very core...we breath america, we drink america (coke), we eat america (mcdonald's), we see america (hollywood movies), we hear america (c'mon half of your favorite bands are american!), we fear america (bush)... the dreams of 90% of our poor population is to migrate to USA and make a new, and better life

anyways, forget it, i dont want to begin such a polemical discussion like this, i just want to praise the France for their protecionism.

17. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    umm....right....

And is that all being forced down your throat? No. Is all that sponsored by the state? No. So that means if you don't like American Coke, McDonalds, Movies, ect, then don't buy it. Interesting concept, no?

Oh, and I live in southern Arizana, and you can't tell the difference betweeen here and Mexico now, so don't think its not reciprocal, bud.

EXACTLY. Don't you think it's a little messed up when thousands of Mexican citizens a day flee that country into Arizona alone? Even though Mexico has every oppurtunity to economiocally prosper if it can just change it government to something a little more capitalism-friendly? It's because of that that its almost required that you know spanish to live in this town (Tucson). Certainly doesnt seem like American cultural invasion HERE, thats for sure...yet, when anyone dares enacting any sort of "protectionism", as you say, on our end, (like in actually protecting our border) and we are immediatly branded as racists. Screw that.

And what in the world does Mexico have to fear from Bush? He has bent over for Fox's demands time and time again, including opening our borders WIDE OPEN for both legal and illegal immagration. I'm supried he's not being hailed in the streets.
    -VGsatomi

18. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm, i don't like them, but don't hate them too. His musics sucks of course, i like his earlier punk musics, right now they sound like a damn-popish.

Anyway, me still on punk and ska society. :twisted:

19. Raiju

Raiju

Resources:
    Resources:
    bull's eye! right in the spot VG. i dare to say half of us are docile accepting this situation (including me which is an absurd). but the other half may do this by something called convenience. Just for example, nearly every corner in the street has a McDonalds. you are a guy who got his 1 hour of lunch time and is very hungry btw, you cross the street and see a big mcDonalds, with a tasty Bigmac in a big screen right on the street. Marketing. you still dont want to eat the freaking Mc, but when you go to other street you see other Mcdonalds, with other big advertisement of other delicious fast-food products. Fast-food? ideal for someone who got 1 hour to lunch. you surrender yourself and "eat the america" once again.

ok, have you ever gone to El Paso and then crossed to Juarez? i have made the contrary and you will see the difference. better, take a ride on your car, and go very south of Arizona and cross the border to Nogalles! the difference in the public services is astonishing!

i know my goverment sux and dont you think i have shame for that?

Bush will never be hailed in the streets, such is the price of power, you didnt think you would become the most powerful nation in the world without complaining?

20. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, I've been to Juarez, Nogales and I've spend considerable time at Rocky Point. Northern Mexico is not a pretty place, that's one reason I am thankful to have born and raised in the US, and I show my appreciation to my country in accordance.

However, I find it sillt that you would say something like this:
    America is selling- foreign countries are buying. No one is putting a gun to anyone's head and saying "buy our stuff or else." If Mexico/France/Whoever doesnt want American goods, then all they have to do is stop buying them, and the foreign branches of those companies will die off and leave. It really is that simple. (its called a "boycott"). Infested poison? That more at the fault of the consumer, not the seller, in my opinion.

And our president has dropped nearly every major protectionist trade restriction with Mexico, especially in the field of fruits and agriculture, even at the dire expense of our own fragile state agricultural economy (especially California), just to help boost Mexico's GDP...again, I'm very suprised he is not regarded more highly over there, since he has done so much to help your economy.
    -VGsatomi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.