• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Greed

• Events
  • <Greed> dies
  • Actions
  • Special Effect - create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Transmute\PileofGold.mdl
it's a mash-up of all the greeds/keepers/shopkeepers from the binding of isaac
Previews
Contents

Greed (Model)

Coin missile (Model)

Assets
Reviews
General Frank
Very nice made BoI inspired model. Great use of in-game textures and lovely-creepy animations. Great work.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It's just unfathomable for tillinghast to produce a non-banger. 👀

I mean look, I'm as sad as anyone that you rarely make "Warcraft-y" stuff but to say we aren't still blessed by your artistic contributions would be ridiculous.

You've once again plied custom meshes & even animations into a truly unique zombie-esque money guy with real characters & verve; 'Stand Walk Attack Spin Alternate' is perhaps the most bonkers thing I've seen in a while (in a good way). I mean it's all just so put together.

=

If I had to pick a nit, I'd agree that it could use more TC to extend it's usefulness in a standard game setting. For me personally, I know I'd love to brainstorm the few tweaks that would be needed to really make this guy Warcraft-y (alternate super-zombie for the Scourge? shock trooper for the Forsaken?).

But that's all on the side. Good stuff, man.

Last edited:
Level 41
something i learned yesterday is that most of my models (including this one) appear incorrectly in rms
they appear either completely inanimate or partially (like explosive sheep and claude for example), rms acts as if their vertices are unattached to their bones
they appear fine in game and in other programs
it can be easily "fixed" by reattaching the vertices to their bones*** (obviously i'm not doing it for 50+ models i have now just to have them show up correctly in a program i barely use)
so if anyone out there is editing my models (lmao) in rms then be aware of that
maybe it has something to do with me being on patch one-twenty-something and not reforged, maybe it's mdlvis as usual

edit: *** just tried fixing it for greed (fully inanimate) in mdlvis - no dice
tried the same thing for claude (partially inanimate) in mdlvis - and it works
so it would appear that the issue is not "vertices not attached to bones" but something else entirely

edit2: nope it's the same issue, it's just that unless parent bone has been re-attached, re-attaching child bone will do nothing and show no changes in rms (and it snowballs), so if you're doing this go - root=>chest & pelvis=>head, arms, legs etc

Last edited:
something i learned yesterday is that most of my models (including this one) appear incorrectly in rms
they appear either completely inanimate or partially (like explosive sheep and claude for example), rms acts as if their vertices are unattached to their bones
they appear fine in game and in other programs
it can be easily "fixed" by reattaching the vertices to their bones (obviously i'm not doing it for 50+ models i have now just to have them show up correctly in a program i barely use)
so if anyone out there is editing my models (lmao) in rms then be aware of that
maybe it has something to do with me being on patch one-twenty-something and not reforged, maybe it's mdlvis as usual
It works and display just fine on the three versions of RMS I tested.
I think the issue here might be MLDVis.