• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Graphic Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys can somebody explain why this is happening. It happens rare, usually when playing for too long. Never happened at the beginning or at the middle of the gameplay. And if you know how to fix this. Thx in advance

Attachments

• z56.jpg
    z56.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 183
  • z57.jpg
    z57.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 132

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Two possible causes.
1. Too many models on screen. WC3 is an old DX8 based game using D3D8 for graphics. It has a lot more limitations compared to modern D3D10/11 games. If too much geometry is in view (visible or otherwise) it will cause some vertices to be in garbage positions (buffer overflow?).
2. You are using a modern graphic card with a buggy driver. I had exactly the same problem with SC2 using my brand new Nvidia GTX 760. Some of the earlier drivers seemed the cause as it has not happened recently.

It is most likely 1. This can especially be a problem if you use tomes as they are consumed on pickup but the item is just killed. Dead items never decay and are always visible (they just play death animation). The solution in this case would be to use a trigger to garbage collect them (remove them).

Level 1
Yes it is probably nr 1 because i am not the only one who sees it. And about items you are right too. In my map units actually have items but when they die the items drop from them. I tried to fix that but it doesnt work. So i set the model of all items to none.mdl and made a trigger that deletes every 10 seconds all the items that are dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.