• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Granting control over units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

I just started a new map and I'm taking some ideas from CoD's Zombie mode and merging them into Warcraft.

However I've hit a stump with the barricades and doors. How I wanted to do it was that doors would be units that you basically upgrade into one with a different pathing and it then looks like it has opened. And with barricades they would get destroyed then turn into rubble (got that bit) then you can click on the rubble and upgrade it like normal.

However as I don't want vision over the whole map as different areas would be locked I'm not entirely sure how to get over this. I'm sure I could just make them all have an item/ability that costs gold then the gate/barricade would get replaced but I liked the idea of upgrades more.

Anyone got any ideas?

Level 3
Have them owned by another player that isn't in the game
Give control(but not vision) of that player to the others

set vision of units to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.