• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Good Harvester Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a good havester model. By havester I mean C&C, Red Alert 1 & 2, Tiberium Sun or Renegade. Basically a large truck with a storage contaner on the back that picks up minerals from the ground. I'd prefer a reasonablly tough looking one, and it cannot have an attack animation! I'm looking through wc3sear.ch atm so I may find one. Thanks.

Level 5
What is rhino 3d and is it freewear? I'll google search it to see, but I will need to look up some tutorials on modeling. And most of these harvester models are 2d and a bit bodgy, so to get a wc3 standered I'd have to make one myself.

Level 5
Rhino 3d is a very expensive program. Which doesnt mean you cant get it for free though. But why use Rhino 3d?

Level 21
i have just heard of rhino 3d and that its very good, u dont have to use it. and the models in red alert 2 were 3d as were the ones in C&C generals, mabey u could use them. if not take a model from Total Anihilation, they have similar things to C&C (like the building car) and i know they 3d because i have edited them before.

Level 5
Generals doesn't have the models I want.
Is there another type of program, because I am interested in freewear only...I'm not a rich person nor do I have the desire to devote $1000's for a free map (would a charge someone to download a wc3 map :roll: ). Hehe I was also suggested by a friend to make the Human Siege Engine model ethereal (b/c the siege engine fires at the trees, which looks a bit stupid) and therefore it wouldn't "shoot" the trees but I was wondering if it would still be able to be attacked physically?

Status
Not open for further replies.