• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good Games to Play this Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
If you're into shooters with an actual story to tell, there are Deus Ex 3 and Darkness 2. If not, you've got Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. ;P

For RPG's, Skyrim and Witcher II (though if you own a PS3, you should definitely check out Dark Souls as well).

Sadly, I don't know about any good strategy game coming out. Was looking forward to Kings and Castles (what a title :I ), but it got cancelled...

Level 11
PC games... like.. um... strategy??? FPS??? RPG??? lol i guess ill just list some of each category

Strategy :
Dawn of War
Supreme Commander
Battle Realms
Disciples 2
Rise of Nations
Empire Earth
Rise of Legends
Company of Heroes
Warlords Battlecry 1-3
Emperor Battle for Dune
Stronghold (any of them)
Savage 1&2

FPS :
Team Fortress 2
Halo
Counterstrike
Crysis 1 and 2
Battlefield (any of them)
Savage 1&2

RPG:
Morrowind, Oblivion
Might and Magic 6-8
Diablo 2
Lands of Lore III
The Witcher
Gothic 1
Mass Effect 2
Savage 1&2

Scary games :
Doom 3
Fear 1-3
Amnesia : The Dark Decent

Hope this helped :D

Level 11
He meant from this year. Not almost ten years ago.

Try out this site with release info: http://www.vgreleases.com/pc/

he actually didn't specify what he wanted, i know the title says Good Games to play This year or whatever, but the games i listed are games to play this year not "from this year" and one of the things he did say was from old to new.. just pointing that out :p

another game to check is Mount and Blade, that game is very fun especially online :D hehe

Level 34
Champions Online is free to play and I personally enjoy it. If you like super heroe and MMO games. The character creation is awesome and pretty much makes the game. The gameplay is mediocre but entertaining enough to keep me playing.

If you have a fetish for sequels... Portal 2. Witcher 2. Dragon Age 2. Crysis 2.

Level 11
I can suggest Rome Total war,or Napoleon total war...ummm...better say any Total War game from Rome to Shogun 2...
Also...Splinter Cell Double Agent...or Hitman Blood money,if u want those tense games where every action of yours counts :p
Hope i helped :D

Status
Not open for further replies.