• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goliath question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've got a problem with the Terran Goliath Model dl frome here http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=559&sid=

When I try to add any attached model, like a spell model (specifically the anti-magic shield model) or the hero glow, it doesn't show in the in-game model...

Picture:
goliath.gif

It should be with the Anti-Magic Shield, and with the Hero Glow, like the other marine hero...

I have checked everything in the map editor, but I think it maybe a model issue...

Anyone knows how to repair it?

Level 2
This maybe the answer...

gotenks wrote:

Sure is, open ur model is notepad, near the top you should see something like this

Model "Gotenks" {
NumGeosets 3,
NumGeosetAnims 2,
NumHelpers 2,
NumBones 18,
NumAttachments 8, //Set attachments here
NumEvents 1,
BlendTime 150,

Just add NumAttachments 8,

After that scroll to the bottom and add this before the pivotpoints section
Attachment "Overhead Ref" {
ObjectId 20,
}
Attachment "Foot Left Ref" {
ObjectId 21,
Parent 3,
}
Attachment "Foot Right Ref" {
ObjectId 22,
Parent 6,
}
Attachment "Head Ref" {
ObjectId 23,
Parent 9,
}
Attachment "Chest Ref" {
ObjectId 24,
Parent 19,
}
Attachment "Hand Left Ref" {
ObjectId 25,
Parent 14,
}
Attachment "Hand Right Ref" {
ObjectId 26,
Parent 17,
}
Attachment "Origin Ref" {
ObjectId 27,
}
Each Parent is a reference to a Bone object. So if your chest bone is Object no 10, set chest ref parent to 10. ObjectID, should be in numerical order contining after the last set ObjectID. Origin Ref does not need a parent, since it is attached to no bone.[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.