• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goliath fires missiles from missile pod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Sorry there is only one Projectile Lunch cordinates and it goes on both attack types may be you try to change unit into different form with different lunch position when attacking air but it will take sometime to make

OR

Make a dummy attacker for air attacking well your unit will fire missles with no model and dummy fires them yup this would work

ah Im sorry you said you arent advanced in map making
Well there is no other way as I know may be someone else can help you

Level 4
purple, who cares im not, like i dont even know what a dummy is or how to use one im improving thats for sure, like this is the first map ive imported models into and so far its going alright some of the buildings arent working but ill figure it out

Level 40
The point is that it gets really annoying (and spammy, and not particularly friendly...) that he goes around saying that to everyone who he considers inferior, turok =/

A dummy unit is just a unit used to perform functions that would make the user unsuspecting that a unit existed (eg be a projectile, or invisibly cast spells/fire attacks)

Level 9
Easy, simple, simple way. Make a trigger. Have the event "Generic Unit - A unit is attacked"

Create an "And" condition, make it have "Unit-Type Comparision - Unit Type of Attacking Unit is Equal to Goliath," and "Boolean - Attacked Unit is an Air Unit."

Actions, use "Animation - Play Attacking Unit's Spell Animation."

And Need_O2...stop saying "well lulz ur not advanced kay kay." Because it's getting on my nerves. Basically everything you said was useless...he wants the animation to play, not to have it shoot something different. Why a dummy unit or "Lunch" coordinates are involved is beyond me.

Level 19
Please, Need_O2, stop with the "You're not advanced in map making" stuff. To be honest, you're probably the same at best as they are.

Ah really sorry I didnt want to inslut. I said it because there goes he is new at these things in another of his treads Sorry again if I cause a miss understanding

Level 19
hey iron I said dummy is good idea because there is only one Projectile Lunch X, Projectile Lunch Y and Projectile Lunch Z in one unit It would be so great if there are 2 projectile lunch cordinates seperated for attack 1 and attack 2 BUT THERE ISNT
My point is you can use a different unit having different Projectile lunch point for firing another gun
And he doesnt want different animation he wants a different lunch point

If that isnt clear to you than you .... hmm I couldnt find something to say for that, well end of the reply

Level 19
well my main language isnt english sorry for that too :D
and iron hey you are right :D ground attack doesnt have projectile why I couldnt think it well so he only needs to change coords to its rocket pods then :D:D
I really didnt mind goliath uses machinegun for ground

Level 4
wow didnt mean to cause a fuss amongst everyone thanks for the help guys, i was checkin the goliath model out and cast spell is its rocket pod function but you probably already knew that... lol i did have something for a projectile for the Goliath... hehe ill get rid of it and go over a few of your tips thanks for all the help ill look into it some more thanks everyone Turok.

Status
Not open for further replies.