• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gold Mine Worker Count

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Reactions: SadOnix
Displays the number of workers currently on the gold mine.
Was looking at wc3champions and Azeroth Reborn as thought it would be nice to have these.
Also estimates the number of workers needed based on the distance and workers' movement speed. Not totally accurate yet in my opinion. If anyone have a better formula to calculate it, I am open to suggestions.
Have yet to test it but should be compatible in multiplayers, with each player being able to turn it off. (Forgot to mention this in the Demo, type ".goldmine" to turn it off)

Tested on 1.31 and 1.35

Requires Bribe's UnitEvent

How to Install:
1. Install Bribe's UnitEvent
2. Copy "GoldMineEncounter" Trigger Folder
3. Run the Trigger after Indexing is done
(Optional PRAT Setup)
4. Copy "PRAT - Mine Harvest Ability Link" ('Dgmc') Ability in ObjectEditor
5. Replace Section 0, A and B in "InitConstsGmc" with ones in "InitConstsGmc PRAT"
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
Wrda
Floating Text - Show GMC_CurrentFloatingText[GMC_CurrentMineIndex] for (Player group(GMC_MineOwner[GMC_CurrentMineIndex])) Converting player to player group leaks. There's a little bug when returning the workers from mine to town hall, the count...

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
  • Floating Text - Show GMC_CurrentFloatingText[GMC_CurrentMineIndex] for (Player group(GMC_MineOwner[GMC_CurrentMineIndex]))
Converting player to player group leaks.

There's a little bug when returning the workers from mine to town hall, the count breaks when using smart order on the town hall. Another one when loading too many wisps into the entangled goldmine, it becomes "oversaturared" when ordering wisps to the mine, and then when there are enough wisps on it and the other ones are idle, it doesn't update the floating text unless you give an order to the idle ones, equivalent to the undead case.

• Custom script: set udg_GMC_TmpReal = ( ( udg_GMC_TmpReal - 750 ) / 100 ) * ( 190 * 190 / GetUnitDefaultMoveSpeed(udg_GMC_CurrentWorker) / GetUnitDefaultMoveSpeed(udg_GMC_CurrentWorker) ) + 5
These are kind of magic numbers despite being able to guess what they represent. I'm not sure the number of workers needed make any sense if the mine is entangled or haunted while the method is the unit's movement speed.

This as an idea is good, but I am still failing to see what kinds of map would use this.