• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Godzilla Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
dont you just love when people call other people @ish online? the internet is a world of everyone where barely no one knows each other's identity let alone their age. and yet you think age matters here? and does that comment imply that you are an adult? if you are a full grown adult, dont you have other responsibilities other than an online forum?

First of all, the "anger" comes from experiences of being on this website and knowing what happens with requests and knowing what requesters usually do with their requests. nothing.

No one crammed the model down his throat. most were just stating the obvious that no one is just going to make a godzilla model just because some stranger wanted one without good reason. what i really wanted was for the requester to show a good reason ie. a progress on the map.

• ummm it does stand on its hind legs?
  • Put some spikes on the back through world editor
  • Put some glow effects on the back through world editor
  • Use tinting provided in the world editor
  • Or request a custom texture. Textures take considerably less time than a fully animated organic model
  • Not the proper attack animation? just deal with it.

actually, compromising IS a real skill, both used online and IRL. in fact, it is one of the most important skills that you can have. and it is NOT half-assing something. It is called being persistent and doing something you dont necessarily like in order to achieve a goal. in a naiive ideal world, the requester would simply ask for a model, a modeller would make the model and the requester would finish the map. however, this is not an ideal world and past experiences tell me that many requesters does not have the persistence to even justify themselves and their request.

a brave white knight to the rescue
1268207652625.gif

the chances are, once you start modelling considerably, you will come to realise modelling is indeed time consuming and then you will also come to the conclusion that doing requests are more or less never satisfactory. once that realisation occurs, you wont make request models.
-----------------------

so what you are telling me is that you cant make the map because you are stuck at the opening cinematic due to lack of model?
so... a cinematic takes priority even before working on the terrain, the unit stats and balance and the planning of the actual gameplay?

i see one person asking for a godzilla model

chances are, you wont use the model. it will sit in your hard drive for all eternity. the chances are, you will not even make the map. not even a part of it. maybe you will work on one or two things like "how op should the godzilla be" or "which helicopter model will i use?" but then you will get bored. you will forget about it and then move on to another map project.

you havent read through the whole thread, have you?

you think i will ditch the map? The map about my favourite movie monster/charcter in the world? Godzilla?
He has an Epic music theme,He stared in 28 MOVIES it spent alot of money to make those movies. People around the world love hes movies,A monster which
has been around 1954-2004 and hes coming back in 2014 for hes 60TH anniversary. Y would i ditch a map about such an epic Movie Monster

Ive Been working on the map with randomkilla for 4 weeks now

What helicopter should i pick? O.O any helicopter model would do.IM JUST ASKING 4 ONE MODEL IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK???I know it takes time to make a model but ur acting as if they only live for 1 week. If they dont want to make a godzilla model then its their problem.

i know that it takes time i know and hard work i did be greatful to Luxmaina i gave him REP.

I can use the trex model and all But i just want a godzilla model i coulda asked for WAY MORE MONSTERS

Luxmaina said he will make it so thats IT end of story if ur persuade him not do make the model while hes half way done and he stops making it NAO THAT WOULD BE A WASTE OF TIME.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.