• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Dominions 1.17

GOBLIN DOMINIONS!

If you have ever played Future Cop LAPD (on playstation 1), you will recognize the gameplay.
If you haven't, don't worry, you don't need to have played it to manage to play this map.

Gameplay

• It's a battle between teams of goblins for control over a mysterious secret tech complex. They fight for territory.
    The story itself is not very developped, neither is it really important. This map is about pure fun. Blasting, shooting, exploding things around (may include yourself) happily #-]

• So you pick a Prototype (your hero) at your underground research lab, and start fighting for control of the secret tech complex.

• The game revolves around 2 main concepts: Mobs and Turrets.

Mobs
    They're units that can be sent from bases and outposts by players, however they are fully automated.
    They will take random paths all around the map to reach the enemy base, where the enemy Core stands, protected by strong defenses.
    Goal is to manage to get 1 mob into the enemy Core, which will cause it to explode in a huge nuclear blast!

There are different types of Mobs serving various purposes. For example:

-Tanks are cheap and spammable, allowing fast capturing of a wide undefended territory if they are not defended enough.
    They have an automatic attack that shoots while they progress towards the enemy Core, like most Mob types.

-Choppers are defense helicopters that will patrol around the base, waiting for enemy tanks. They excel at killing Mobs but have more trouble if there's an enemy Prototype leading the assault.

-Juggernauts are heavy versions of Tanks, much more costly but able to cruise through enemy territories, with their great resistance and strong automated weaponry.
    These are such a menace for the enemy team that their position is permanently displayed on minimap to both teams.

-Demolishers are part of another type of Mobs, the destroyers. They will stop in front of enemy turrets until they demolish them. They can also attack other enemies, but with lesser efficiency.
    Those are great to reconquer some territory or and destroy Base and Outpost defenses, to let Tanks/Juggernauts reach the Core easier for example. They also provide durable help when fighting enemy Prototypes, unlike Tanks which will keep advancing forward.

Turrets,
    on the other hand, occupy the whole surface of the tech complex. The fight for territory is about them:
    -Turrets are all neutral at start.
    -When a Prototype or a Mob approaches a Turret, it will instantly activate and be captured by the player who sent that Mob (or the owner of the Prototype).
    -Turrets will then defend the land around them until they are destroyed, in which case they will respawn neutral and be capturable again.

Their advanced technology provide goblins with Points that they use to send more Mobs (or stronger ones) and buy Outposts.

Outposts are remote bases that give many advantages, the most deadly being the capability to send Mobs closer to the enemy Core. You can imagine their surprise when a couple Juggernauts appear right next to their base :)
    Outposts also have special capabilities, like launching homing cruise missiles, deploying carriers, or selling advanced items for your Prototypes.

• You get gold from destroying enemies, and a gold income based on your Outposts.
    You can spend it to buy items for your prototypes, and to make researches for your Prototype or your whole team's Mobs or Turrets.

Screenshots

158794-albums3330-picture29245.jpg

158794-albums3330-picture29244.jpg

158794-albums3330-picture29250.jpg

158794-albums3330-picture29249.jpg

158794-albums3330-picture29248.jpg

158794-albums3330-picture29247.jpg

158794-albums3330-picture29246.jpg

Credits, as seen ingame in F9 (Quest menu)

MODELS
-Ergius for laser ray
-Phoenix - IV for Zone of the enders model
-Afronight_76 for the leviathan model
-Oinkerwinkle for the engineer model
-Callahan for the Tank model

SKINS
-SantoRayo[iP] for his terrain skin

ICONS
-Anachron for Multiplier
-Callahan for Tank icon

OTHER
-Manuel mesones for The loot is mine

Some might be missing from things imported at the very early stages (up to years ago), when i wasn't paying attention. If you credit is missing pelase tell and i'll fix that a.s.a.p.

Changelogs

)Player-friendliness
-Improved game descriptions and loading screen text. Added clan in loading screen.

-Improved hero-choosing tooltips.
-Improved some mob-sending tooltips.
-Improved grammar and vocabulary.
-Better description for repicking.

-Improved tilting of concerned units during intro.

-Prototype 01 now has a name: Tank.
-Advanced Turret renamed: "Turret - Advanced".

-"Give me a prototype" renamed: Choose your prototype ( = hero).
It now explains that you have to choose your heroskills, and tells about the Barrel of Rum.

-The research lab no longer displays researches that are useless to you, depending on what hero you picked.

)Gameplay
-Players now have a Mob Sender allowing automated sending of individual units or masses of units easily.
-Mobs that can be sent through use of Mob Sender can no longer be sent by using the Command Center.

-Picking a hero now has a 30 seconds cooldown shared among all pick-hero abilities, acting as an antibug and a delay to let you think twice.
-Players no longer have to build their research lab, it's next to their prototype lab at start.

-Air Dynamite Team units now have a more random damage.

*Turrets
-Turret - Advanced now has Anti-Mob Disruption.

*Protoypes
-Special repair team no longer repairs the Tank. Renamed to Air Dynamite Team.

*Items
-World Disruptor (Game Ender Class) now extremely reduces the owner's speeds and mana regen instead of nullifying them.
Lowered damage interval, increased damage.
No longer mapwide.

*Mobs
-Dragster removed.
-Flying Dutchman Army now deploys slower, and no longer heals the dutchman.

)Balance
-Lowered manacost for Home Sweet Home.

*Turrets
-Turrets: lowered attack speed slightly, increased damage and projectile speed.
Increased delay before shooting.

*Prototypes
-Increased base movement speed slightly.
-Rebalanced turn speeds.

-Flamethrower: rebalanced chance to trigger Dancing Flames (higher at low levels, lower at max).
-Major: nerfed AI Slam.
-Brawler: nerfed Magne-Jump.

*Mobs
-Those that regenerated hp (except Flying Dutchman) no longer do.

-Increased XP gain from sending Flying Dutchman and Juggernaut.
If it causes a level-up, graphic will now show.
-Flying Dutchman: slightly increased HP regen.
-Tank: refund when killed by something else than an enemy hero lowered to 1 point, no matter where it was sent from.
-Rasta Rocket: increased movement speed, lowered HP.
-Demolisher: lowered HP.

)Cosmetics
-Underground proto lab now show an animation before the player chooses his hero.

-Modified movement cosmetics for many units.

-Changed Turret and Advanced Turret models, updated shooting cosmetics.
-Changed weather.

-Improved the way Carrier arrives (Carrier Strike).

)Misc
-Made game much less laggy (many leaks removed).
-Other changes made in GD v1.16 that were not documented.
-Changelog in F9 now redirects to the forums (Dj0zmaps.goodforum.net).
-Unleaked auto-pinging of Juggernauts and Flying Dutchmen on minimap, and made its frequency high enough to always know where they are.

-Fixed spelling for "siege".

-Moved some towers that were oddly placed.

-Improved credits in F9.

)Bugs/glitches
-Autoping no longer pings dead Juggernauts and Flying Dutchmen.

For more about the map: Clan DJE @Northrend (Europe) and Dj0zmaps.goodforum.net
(Protected map)

*Last notes:
Feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Keywords:
Goblin, Domination, Dominions, Dominion, Goblins, Explosion, Fun, Territory, War, Team, Capture, Green, Modern, Fire
Contents

Goblin Dominions 1.17 (Map)

Reviews
20:57, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Damn I always loved Future Cop LAPD - one of my favs when I was younger, I still occasionally play it =P imo this is as close as to a recreation of it as you can while making it in some instances better. =P Prehaps you could add a preview video in the description? (so people know what it's like before they try it out) prehaps an instructions one in the description like Future cops original multiplayer briefing. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2rPuRDtL_s ) as I think it would improve the appeal - especcially if you had a similar voice over =P

Level 12
Damn I always loved Future Cop LAPD - one of my favs when I was younger, I still occasionally play it =P imo this is as close as to a recreation of it as you can while making it in some instances better. =P Prehaps you could add a preview video in the description? (so people know what it's like before they try it out) prehaps an instructions one in the description like Future cops original multiplayer briefing. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2rPuRDtL_s ) as I think it would improve the appeal - especcially if you had a similar voice over =P

Nice, a veteran :) glad you like my transfer of the concept into W3.
The preview video is a nice idea, i'll try doing that.
And maybe i should aswell include the link you provided to explain the original concept to players (thanks alot for the link btw).

Level 12
Very complicated map :D
I played 2 times and I still can't understand how all works :D

Btw nice idea!
Spells are ok
Terrain is ok I guess
I don't get that thing about income and summon forces without dmg etc etc

Well I can't give review for map I don't understand ^^:thumbs_up:

Ah well i need to make introduction better then :/
Meanwhile here is a step-by-step explanation:

1) Pick your Prototype (hero) in your main Lab;
2) Use your Mob Sender (F1) to send some Mobs;
-They will automatically go to the enemy base, running a random path (they do change direction on the way)
-When they approach neutral turrets they will automatically capture them, and turrets give you income to send more Mobs
-They do have damage, it just doesnt show as a normal attack because it's automated (like in Battle Tanks).
*Note that some Mobs actually have a normal attack, like Demolishers.
3) Go with your Prototype to destroy enemy mobs and turrets captured by the enemy (they will respawn neutral, so you can capture them);
4) Protect your Mobs so they can enter the circle of power in the enemy base. If at least one reaches it, you win :)
And thank you for the comment :)

Level 12
Well I do that but what is with 1000 hero/mobs upgrades :D
Np dude thanks for that btw!
Hey maybe you can put that ingame like help message!
Player press 'ESC' this message (or something like that) shows :thumbs_up:
Right, i guess a walkthrough is always useful for newcomers, i will do something like that, good idea :)

EDIT: Oh and there are just a few upgrades, really, but i guess they need better organization, so i'll fix that too.