• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gnomish ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I would like to ask anyone of those luckers wnich posseses WoW could please post screenshots with gnomish NPC's or with their own gnomish heroes here.

Also if anyone who has an idea of gnomish hero or unit could post it here and maybe I or someone else would make a model out of this.

Level 3
well i cant post any screens (dunno how) but you can look for the gnomish king and make a model of it

Level 17
Well, if you manage to reskin the villager kid, give him two daggers and the firepanda animations, you'll have a nice gnome rogue i guess. Oh, and i have this old gnome mage i made for the wc3:WoW project, but i don't need it anymore. If you want to finish it, you can have it.

Level 4
Did you say Gnome!!

Yah!!! Chew on these:

I have 3 ideas, two heroes and 1 unit. And they are as follows... Oh, please give concept credit to me (I have more were this came from).

I was thinking of a female Gnome Bard, that dances around the battle field with a musical theme, she'd carry a instrument...something light weight (like a flute or tambourine) and all her spells/dances would have a different tune to them. I was thinking she'd be very noticeable (light blue hair and eyes that are really big, she'd contently be in motion, because she should spin and cheer on her waiting animations.

And maybe a "old" 276 year old gnome mage, on his equally aged donkey (I know donkeys don't live that long). He's slow and feeble but way to powerful to be allowed to reach level 10 and up. He's carrying a big spell book, he glares at it during his spell and waiting animations (I'd also simply be thrilled if he sleeps when not clicked and has a grandpa's voice). I was thinking he'd wear some suspenders, and have a shinny balled head, with a little jacket.

Oh, and when summoned says "I'm come'n! I'm come'n! Kids these days!!"... Get back to me on his name...
Maybe Sage of the Old Ways.(From the old days)

Last the concept of a gnome Sheild-Hand, they could be a hero or unit which ever you profere. Anyway these little ruff-housers (strong as a normal dwarf) are a product of Dwarf-Gnome relations, so they can take a punch (just not to many),and can dich'm out with their huge (to any race) metal spiked gloves. Sheild hands are a bit tuffer than the normal gnome and as a result installed tec. in there gloves that give them the ability to "sheild" there kin, like a wall!!! When assuming this position, there gloves send a electric pulse through the enemy that attacks them. As if that wasn't enough, again thanks to dwarves druncken influence Sheild-Hands take the words they hear in the bar and use them on the battle field! By curseing out the enemy, they attract their foes and become a affective excape goat for their conrades, they can easily block invadions through briges or canyons.

As for look, they look hard with dinted armer and large shoulder guards, spiky hair and are thought of by gnomes as "where they went wrong". When they walk their arms and the metal hands (really called: gaunlets) drag the ground behind them. There is no armer on their trispes, bispes, legs or elbows. They wear ragity boots, and crush their gaunlets to and from the ground when standing still. When protecting they stand feet bent apart, arms outward, hands in a stop postion.

As a unit complete welcome they'd say, "So if your battle plan goes soar call the Sheild Hands! The gnomes of the hour, we'll protect the lot of ya!"

-cool ain't it :D

Level 19
I like alot idea of female bard hero :) I wanted to make gnomish female but had no idea of any unit. I think it will look cool with flute :)

I also love the concept of Shield Hands. Had almost same idea, with big electric mechanical gloves but insted of shield there would be something like small cannon on right glove.

Level 19
I had also other idea:
Gnomish Mystic Engineer (well probably the name will be changed)

Mystical gnomes wnich emarged from Gnomeregan and traveled through the world of Azeroth. These guys uses both magic and science(wrote good?;p) in the battle. Something like magical gun's and fast construction of many contraptions.

Appearance: Mystics ware cloaks and hoods wnich are covered with dwarven runes. The hoods hide their faces and only the yellow or orange (or maybe team color) googles can be seen under it. They carry a dimiensional bag wnich stores all their mechanical parts needed for constructions. Some say that they are some sort of golems with their own will constructed by gnomes before Gnomeregan has been destroyed, as they never show their faces.

And also an concept of gnomish worker:

Small guys with saw-glove on one hand (much like the goblin shreders) with a bag on their back wnich powers their saw-glove. They have a googles wnich are not on their eyes but on their... up from the eyebrows :p

Thats all for now, maybe ill post concept art of the Mystic :idea:

Level 4
??????????

What about the gnome sage?

High points:
Spell based (very strong spells, the best of Arcane) would have alot of Mp and very high range (like being able to tage a unit from half way cross the map. I strongly suggest having the water and fire orbs already surronding him when he's summoned.

Low points:
Slow like the Demolisher (or slower), Hp so low that at level 10 he can't stand 4 hits by a oger. Low defence and slow to normal (as he prgresses) attack speed.

Visual refernce:
http://www.blizzard.com/inblizz/fanart/ScreenShot.aspx?ImageIndex=03&Set=0

-Looks like that, exept older and with dirty aged brown skin, and larger glasses, glasses and rob change with team color. White hair all over.
With skinny old brownand white haired donkey.

Looking like:
http://www.n0by.de/n0/mI4u/OldDonkey.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.