• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gnoll Caster

Gnoll Caster

Gnolls are a warlike race of vicious but simple-minded hyena-like humanoids who dwell in the Eastern Kingdoms, in Kalimdor, and in the Dragon Isles. Though highly aggressive, gnolls are notorious for being extremely unintelligent and prone to infighting, and love to let others do the hard work for them. -Warcraft Wiki

Thought the original Gnolls creep camp lacked a real caster unit. The model is based on its WoW Vanilla "counter part".

image.png

Capture_decran_95.png

Update 11/19/2023
  • Revamped the Attack 1 and Attack 2 animations for a smoother result (accordingly to Fulgrim's comment)
  • Revamped the walk animation to make it a little less "awkward".

Made using Retera's Model Studio
Contents

Gnoll Caster (Model)

Gnoll Caster - Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
Works well without any issues, whatsoever, RECOMMENDED as an extra Gnoll spellcaster variant. For HIGH QUALITY: give him Spell/Stand Channel and Spell Slam, and as well a working facefx since he's intelligent enough to speak (try using Tauren's...
Level 36
Well sir. I am quite impressed.
I finished checking him out and he is a fine custom model with fine custom animations.
Only small issues I spot were 1 issue on attack 1 the left hand will tremble too much but I think it can easily be fixed and attack 2 issue with right arms before the strech of the arm.
These of course can not be spotted that easilly with 100% speed so I believe it is not a big thing to worry

Level 11
Well sir. I am quite impressed.
I finished checking him out and he is a fine custom model with fine custom animations.
Only small issues I spot were 1 issue on attack 1 the left hand will tremble too much but I think it can easily be fixed and attack 2 issue with right arms before the strech of the arm.
These of course can not be spotted that easilly with 100% speed so I believe it is not a big thing to worry
Thank you very much !
I'll invest in these issues, when I'll be able to. I may also modify the walk animations a little, to try to remove some of its weirdness/goofiness.