• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

gmax Modeling Pack N/A

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The gmax Modeling Pack is a collection of tools used for modeling with gmax. It also comes with a tutorial on using all the tools and their relevance with each other. Compiled by oz02.
Contents

gmax Modeling Pack N/A (Binary)

Reviews
ZypherXII [02-07-2008]: For details view post below. ~Ignored~

M

ZypherXII [02-07-2008]:
For details view post below.

~Ignored~

Level 8
yessssssssssssssssssssss its for xp! lol anyways i got a gmax free but i have no clue on where i got it =)

gmax is such a horrible 3d program though coming from autocad and iventor where u use lines then connect and and add the 3rd dimension GOD THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN then i try this and u make a square somewhere and u size it then u put a circle on it and the tutorials dont say where things are and its so confusing... i hate it all!

Level 3
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It's not for Mac
of course it isnt, most ppl use PC, Not mac, if i would say what i think of mac i would be reported

Level 13
@Afronight_76: Put it anywhere. The scripts all go in the Scripts folder of your gmax directory on your hard drive.

@Stevo: I would reccomend downloading the help files from the page you downloaded gmax from. You can also read the tutorial I linked to in the Introduction of my tutorial included in the pack.

Level 7
Does this allow for import/export of custom animations? Or is it just for modeling. Oh, and I imagine the only way to get custom animations from 3dsmax6 is to give the file to someone who has 4 or 5 :evil: Please correct and explain if I'm wrong, because I only have 3dsmax6 too, and I'm dieing to use custom anim.

Level 3
I'm having a tad of trouble. I've been following your tutorial, and I have no prior experience to modelling, but I was going to devote some time to trying it. Anyways, while going through your tutorial, at one part, it says, "Start by opening gmax up. Now, click on the icon on the side toolbar to get to the Utilities tab. Click MAXScript, click Run Script, and choose the impexpmdx.mse file. Click MDX Importer/Exporter on the Utilities bar." I did that fine. Then it says, "Now select Static and turn Bone Rotation off. Click Import MDX..., select the model you want to edit and click Open." Where is Static? I've looked all through the lists and everything, and I'm really confused and frustrated... Also, what does Static mean? Any feed back would be nice...

Level 1
Lol, as my 3d modelling professor always says, "Inventor is like a videogame!" (he always says it so that we have to work on it whenever he's absent or has nothing else for us to do) lol

Level 3
Is anybody going to answer my question, or are you just gunna keep submitting over me about how it works great, but you refuse to tell me how to do it?

Level 3
of course it isnt, most ppl use PC, Not mac, if i would say what i think of mac i would be reported

i will say what i think of mac...
IT SHOULD BE BURNED AND DESTROYED!!!!
:p

Edit: Thank you very much for this resource!!! 5/5
I was pondering making a Campaign for Warcraft III Expasion, the frozen throne, but was intimidated with the fact that I never modeled a single character in my life, thanks to you I now have the means. :oops: :D

Level 3
Thank you very much for this resource!!! 5/5
I was pondering making a Campaign for Warcraft III Expasion, the frozen throne, but was intimidated with the fact that I never modeled a single character in my life, thanks to you I now have the means. :oops: :D

Level 3
I am having problems with the MDX importer and exporter it simpaly dont run :( can u halp :?: i opened it up to take a look the file isant a script file and its a mse and the text is just a load of odd looking punctuations (éá£5%$$^*&87( 8( ^%% 6) do u have ne idear wo i can do??

Level 13
@Urkdrengi: It allows for exporting with 'DeX Script. Just read the tutorial I linked to in the Introduction. It works the same way with 3ds max.

@Arksword(sv): It should be under the MDX Importer/Exporter rollout.

@Melkor: I'm not sure what your question is. You run the script in gmax itself by clicking Run Script. Perhaps you clicked Open Script, which opens it for editing.

Level 13
@Crisse: You clicked Run Script, chose the script, and chose it from the rollout thing and it didnt run?

@Melkor: I don't see what your problem is. The script comes with the pack in perfect form, it wouldn't be changed just for you. You must be doing something wrong.

Level 3
Yeah, I cant get the import/export program to work either I clicked maxscript then runscript and clicked the impexpmdx.mse script but nothing happens!

Level 1
I'm also having the same problem as Melkor.... as the mdx importer/exporter simply doesn't appear after running it in maxscript.... oz02 i think i emailed you about this some time ago.... but no one has addressed this problem?

Level 2
I've been having the same issue as Arksword(sv) and others, although it worked once for me. Unfortunately now it won't and no amount of redownloading and reinstalling has helped. The only thing following the instructions now does is lead me here: http://www14.brinkster.com/sirdiealot/help.htm (the host doesn't allow direct linking, sorry >_<) As you can see the script is loaded but there is nothing that allows importing. I minimized the utilities and pulled the box out to show it's definantly not there. :(

Level 2
Many times. Many many many times.

I redid the screenshot and added a 5 part sequence. http://www14.brinkster.com/sirdiealot/help.htm

Level 2
Nope that doesn't work either. :(

I've tried downloading the w3sear.ch one 3 or 4 times as well. I've also tried reinstalling gmax twice.

What is really strange to me is that it DID work the first time. But when I tried to do it again it wouldn't. Even after uninstalling, deleting the gmax folder, and reinstalling it still wouldn't. Is there any way I could have somehow turned this "off"?

Level 2
Yeah that was the one I tried. Like I said that didn't work either. You probably have a block of code in there somewhere like: if user == Thunderbird then PWND. :shock: