• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

gmax Modeling Pack N/A

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The gmax Modeling Pack is a collection of tools used for modeling with gmax. It also comes with a tutorial on using all the tools and their relevance with each other. Compiled by oz02.
Contents

gmax Modeling Pack N/A (Binary)

Reviews
ZypherXII [02-07-2008]: For details view post below. ~Ignored~
Level 1
guess wat guys! when the scroll bar has a big black clump in the middle after u click the "MDX Import/Exporter" option in the pull-down menu, that means there is somthing at the bottom!!!! wow...

Level 1
I had GMAX for some time and the Importer/Exporter but the exporting part didn't work. I'm glad to find a pack of scripts to actuall get a model done, only problem is with ChilliSkinner v3.0.2. The link in the html for the 9 steps takes me to the Easyspace website, which is useless. I can't find the steps anywhere else. If anyone could post the 9 steps, that would be great!

Level 1
only problem is with ChilliSkinner v3.0.2. The link in the html for the 9 steps takes me to the Easyspace website, which is useless. I can't find the steps anywhere else. If anyone could post the 9 steps, that would be great!

i have the same problem

Level 3
MDX Import/Exporter is completely useless. first thing is that it cant export. second, when it imports it doesnt import properly so when i use DeX to print it to listener it doesnt have much of the sequences, materials, textures and geosets (so that 30 mins spent on copying tons of text are waisted)

Level 3
Weeeu Weeu... problem detected! Fscript open blablabla error while trying to export model.... Weeeu! How to fix the problem? :?:

Level 1
i know how to import models all you have to do is go into world edit and go to import manager,
then you select the model you want to import
then change the directory of the file to (containing folder)/(file name)
its very easy :)

Level 1
this just sucks...i dont even know how to import an normal unit in the gmax thing...and all the help from those things dont work a shit...if there was just a TEST moddel that i could download and OPEN in GMAX then i migth gonna know how to make those units...but every1 gots a real big problem so why doesent any1 who knows how to make an moddel just make en explenation how to open his TEST moddel so we could all see what he done and try out how everyting works!!! :!:

Level 2
I can't really use ChilliSkinner to do anything, that was useless... terrible link...
The Ultimate Unwrap Costs money so no one wants to pay that... you can download LithUnwrap and use that, its almost the same thing (infact the same guy created it, then just replaced it with a different name, and a cost)
You can download Free LithUnwrap here.
With the Import/Export script it does fucken nothing... do I need Windows XP or something... because that program doesnt do bitch.

Level 2
hey im new, i almost finished the tutorial that u put in ur files but when i got to the impexpmdx.mse file, when u put it into the script file. I put it in but when i opened it up as a utility, how do u then use it? i see no functions like the picture u showed me. how do u get it to work?

okay... i just read the other posts, anyway of fixing that probleM?

Level 2
haha join the club... i tried this as well... i could never really get it to work. I got the same error as u and i really dont know... i wish blizzard helped their layal fans more :(

Level 6
Hm, can i make models with this programme without needing other programmes? :wink: :D

because i downloaded this and i downloaded War 3 art tools like VGsatomi said but the art tools couldn't extraxt well and he said he didn't knew if you would need it for Gmax, because he used an other programme :wink: :D

Level 1
The chilli skinner's tutorial webstie is down :(. Anyone who can tell me what to do with it?

Level 1
CAN SOMEONE PLZ START TELLING PEOPLE WHEN THEY SUBMIT MODELS TO MAKE SURE THAT THE PATHS ARE INCLUDED! I CANT USE 2.9/3 OF THE MODS I DL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Level 2
Can someone here help me plz cause i have no idea how to zip and unzip n stuff w/e it is and i have no idea how this program works and i want to make me some models but dont know how plz help. :cry:

Level 2
hmmm i've managed to open a file in Gmax, and i've been able to tweak it to how i like it, but i'm getting an error when i try to get it back to mdx format. any help here?

Level 2
Why the f...k does the MDf...ing X importer exporter doesn't apear when i run the script.I have win XP!Is it because I run gmax in OpenGL?(it doesn't work for me in direct 3d-I don't know why)I f...ing hate this!
i stay like 1 hourn and a half to download GMAX(18 mb) and then when I think it is over that f...ing GMAX PACK FOR WC3 doesn't work ARRGHHH!What is wrong with the MDX IMPORTER EXPORTER!
P.S:If I stay conected to the net this long all the time for all the f...ing problems I have with the tools my dad is going to kill me.THE LONGER I STAY,THE LONGER I PAY!Please help with the mdx imp\exp!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Level 2
Just wondering but does gmax itself need windows 2000/xp? or is it just the other tools, that would explain why it isnt working on my computer if it does need it to work.

Level 1
To the People wanting to know how to run the import/export script heres how.
1-Copy the Import/Export file.
2-Paste it in
Gmax Directory -> Scripts -> Startup
3-Then goto the Utilities Tab
4-Then click on MaxScript
5-Find the Drop down box, if you have no other scripts in the scripts folder you should see MDX Importer/Exporter, click the dropdown box then click the MDX Importer/Exporter, a lot of crap should show up saying Import MDX, Export MDX, ect...

And thats how to do it.

Hope this helps :p

Now for my problem, like everyone else...I can't seem to export. :p

Level 1
Hej guys, mdx importer/exporter was made for 3ds max and so you can export max files, not gmax :(
But I know that some guys are using g-max to edit models so there must be some way...