• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

gmax help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
sweet I could use one of them
how about a plugin or converter to open a .mdx model or convert one to .gmax to edit...

Level 13
Well, I'm currently trying Maya Personal Learning Edition (another free modeling program thats probably better than Gmax) and I'll see if that can use 3ds or Obj files. Otherwise, you can look for a plug-in for Gmax that can use 3ds or Obj files...

Level 7
converter for gmax to mdl.

Not sure if this is exactly what your looking for but this will essentially get you from gmax. to mdx.
use dex exporter script to get from gmax to mdl. Then use yogbuls file converter to convert from mdl. to mdx. To use dex script save the file under gmax scripts. after your done with model choose the hammer icon. choose max script. Then you will choose txt. files in your search for dex script. when you find where you put it double click it. Then choose print to listener. after this reclick on hammer and choose open listener. This will bring up your newly converted text code. You need to then open a new note pad and cut and paste everything minus the quotes and export successful at the end of the code. Make sure you cut and paste in pieces or you may get an error. After all these steps choose save as name.mdl the name whatever your model is. then open yogbuls converter and load your mdl. file choose convert to mdx. this should work. so far works for me every thime. If you have trouble finding dex script send me private message ill email to you. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.