• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glow That Does not Stand Where it Has to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have been trying to add a hero glow to the weapon of the a sucubus model I edited a little.(the glow is a geoset made up of 4 planes at different positions along the arm and the weapon)

I added it successfully by attaching it to the bone of her arm but that does not work because i need it to be billboarded in order to look like a normal hero glow and I can't billboard the arm bone as it makes the arm billboarded as well.

So I made a new bone(extending from the arm bone) and attached the glow to it, the glow(planes) were in position normaly ,so I made the bone billboarded but now the planes(apart from the one at the hand) go off in strange directions during animations.

How can I fix this? I want the planes to be both billboarded and in position.

Attachments

• DemonessBlue1.5.mdl
    163.7 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.