• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Giving Cavalry a charge ablility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I don't know if this should be in spells or somewhere else, but this seemed the best place for it. I was thinking of giving the human cavalry a charge ability, where they could move through the lines of enemy units sorta like the blademaster can in wind walk, except not be invisible, and cause bonus damage while doing it, and maybe like a one second stun. Also, it would abviously need to have a cooldown time. Does anyone know how I would be able to do this? Or if it's been done and where to get it? Thanks.

Level 2
I'm thinking it would be something that you would click, like a hero spell, and then either target the enemy, or click where you want to calvalry to go, and they would run in a line through the enemy or something, that way you could turn around after the charge and attack. I'm trying to make something sort of like what real cavalry are used for/do. Thanks.

Level 7
If you are looking for such a spell, well I hate to do this but... rescores made one once apon a time, and it was a charge, for the increased speed just use a dummy to add bloodlust to it.

For the whole charge make it issue the order to move to the location and for the increased speed just use a dummy to add bloodlust to it.

Level 2
does your charge knock them over? I just want the cavalry to move through them like the blademaster's windwalk but have increased speed, not be invisible, and do bouns damage when doing it.

Level 2
Yes, that's what i'm talking about. All I can see that is wrong is that it doesn't work on creeps when they are sleeping. I think the damage may be a little much but I assume that's not hard to change, and the cooldown time I believe should be longer, but I assume you can change that easily enough too. Also I think it should be more of a channeling spell where if you interupt the charge by clicking for the cavalry to go somewhere else while they are in the middle of the charge the damage radius of immolation should go away. One other thing, what is the radius of damage? I think the area of damage may be a little big also, if that's possible to change. Just some observations for you. Is the squirting blood part of that or is it something else in the map? Other than that, Thank you Jacek this is almost exactly what i'm looking for minus the things I stated, thanks again, great job for 15 minutes of work.

Level 8
... It is very obvious, just base their ability on Scroll of Speed and change the movement speed percentage, cooldown, and duration. Then add the ability Critical Strike 100% chance, and make a trigger that whenever they attack, give them a boolean condition that if they have buff Scroll of Speed or whatever it is, remove the Critical Strike ability and debuff the unit.
That SHOULD work!

Level 14
@orcfan : How it will be working???? I don't understand how it will work. Spell must affect few units and critical strike affects 1 unit.

@mygly : Sorry for waiting, I was offline. At Tuesday for sure you'll see the spell.

Level 2
And I think you shouldn't have this kind of attitude. We are trying to help you so you could atleast be attentive at the previous post. If you continue with this attitude, you will realize that nobody will be helping you anymore.

~Daelin
Is this directed at me? I didn't mean to come across angry or with an attitude of any kind, I was just curious because I didn't see anything for a while. I am very greatful that you guys are helping me at all, I thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.