• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghost Scepter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I have a problem making the DotA's Ghost Scepter ability. When they gives the ability something like:

Ghost Form
Makes you unable to attack or be attacked, but take 40% extra damage from spells
Ends if you become magic immune, and will have no effect if you are already magic immune
Lasts 4 seconds and has a 30 second cooldown

So I believe it was actually an Ethereal Form. But where to find this ability? I can't even find the ability in the Spirit Walkers (Ethereal form) where they cannot be attack but only magic attackers ans casters.

Level 4
Im sorry but I'm a bit fussy about this ability of Ghost Scepter. But I want it such that when the icon of that item is clicked, then you don't have to target yourself to become Banished, meaning just click the item, then you will be instantly banish for 4 seconds. Anyone has suggestion for this?

Level 4
So how am I suppose to make a trigger to activate this ghost scepter ability if based on a dummy unit?

Level 9
Well, basically:
+Make a dummy spell (instant cast) like Thunder clap and set that dummy spell to no-harm spell
+Make a dummy unit which have the "Banish" ability (remember to set ability's mana cost to 0)
+Make a trigger run when a unit start effect of "Thunder clap" ability
+Create dummy and set its expiration time after that order that dummy to cast Banish to caster
Done, now caster will be able to run around without fear in taking physical damage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.