• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Getting Units On Custom Made Walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, I downloaded some models for doodads, units etc that are castle walls, what I want to know is how can I make it so that people can walk on top of them, I made it so that it's walkable but they just walk through it on the ground instead of ontop of the model, is there any way I can make it so that my units can climb and stand on the wall and fire down like in the Battle For Middle Earth?

ok Currently I'm using a bridge and just switch the model, it seems to be working for now but I'd like to know any better ways.

Level 10
Yay! I got it to work! Ok so everyone knows a way to make it work, take a short bride, replace it with your model file and set the very first pathing texture to none. Then take the scaling value of the model and set it to 9.65, this will make it so when you place them close to each other they fit together very well. Then place pathing blockers at the front of this, prohibiting people to climb onto it from the side that your new wall is facing. By placing your new bride/walls close together you can stop people from getting up the cracks inbetween the walls. I also found that if you place a ramp just right you can make it so your units walk up it in order to get onto your wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.