1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wc3 - The Legend of Zelda Get started

Discussion in 'Legacy Social Groups' started by DarkAngelAzazel, May 5, 2010.

1. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have not forgotten this - just have a few large exams this week thus I haven't gotten anything done.

Sorry for the lack of things posted here

2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    No biggie. I'm working ok Trellenwood anyway.

3. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm going to get started on the projectile system tonight

4. Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still bogged down with school?

5. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yes - school is almost out so we can begin soon

6. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    FINALLY - School just ended today - got senior pictures tomorrow, but I'm planning on getting started on the necessary systems

7. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=4im2f2

Ok, here's the old project I've mentioned had a lot of the necessary systems done - this was what I was working on for the solo mapping competition but never finished.

Some of the systems in it require JNG, but they are all of my design, I did not use anyone elses systems. That being said, it's not perfect but it works (never finished making the pathing for movement well so you just kinda slide when you walk into a wall, you just kinda slide next to it).

8. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ok what is has:
    -Keyboard movement
    -Some camera stuff in it - walk into the main hall to get it to the normal cam, I'm not sure whether or not I reset this right when I started testing other things
    -Pushing and Pulling movable objects with floor switches - I was testing pushing when I stopped working on it - pulling is simple, while pushing an object takes into account things like friction of the tiles it's on.

For the art style of the water temple I'd like to do something like I had started here - if you want, we can use this as a starting point for the water temple too.

I'm currently working on the system for projectiles (like arrows)

9. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Projectiles

Well this is still WiP, but here's what I have for projectiles so far.
    The keyboard controls in this map aren't perfect as I made them pretty quickly, but the main focus in this is the projectiles.

K, the projectiles move regardless of the terrain under them and die once they hit walls.
    The different rooms are for testing different things, like blizz cliff colision, non blizz, etc. etc.

I also threw in a few other more fun things in there, like things that change the facing of the arrows, target practice, an arrow splitter thing.

Added a scope thing in there - currently the filter is pretty ugly, a more appropriate scope may be in order.

Now the question is, should I allow you to fire arrows at an angle? Currently they only fire horizontally, but It is entirely possible to add shooting at angles.

I don't think making the arrows Arc is necessary though.

10. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    hehe - all these updates feel like spamming to me

11. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    K, got horizontal angles working with arrows (haven't updated it in the post with the system yet though)

Now I'm working on adding bombs and their arc style movement.

We should probably get the item ideas ready for the game so I can make them now:

What we have so far:
    -Sword
    -Bombs
    -Arrows

These are necessary - but now for the creative stuff - what additional weapons should we add to the game?

12. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The Hookshot! Definately!

13. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    hmmm shouldn't be that hard - it's like doing the same thing with the Arrows just with the person. I guess I would make it shoot out a guide dummy, and if it hits a surface it can attach to it pulls you.

So:
    -Sword
    -Shield
    -Bombs
    -Arrows

Dungeon Acquired Items:
    -Hookshot

Ok, we should also come up with new items too:

A few Ideas:
    -Teleport Ring - allows you to make a teleport point and then teleport back to it using the ring (use it once, then use it again to teleport back)
    -Magic Boomerang - I already made a spell that does this - basically you lay out a path and the boomerang follows it
    -Anti-Gravity bomb - reverse gravity when it explodes sending things flying up for a few seconds, or pulling things down that are already reversed in gravity.

Also should we add jumping in the game?

14. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yep, awesome ideas you got there. The Hookshot might be done like they did it in Pudgewars I believe. Jumping we need!

15. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I never played Pudgewars, but I'm going to make the hookshot work on multiple altitudes, sort of like how I got arrows working that way too.

Oh, here's the updated Arrows
    Arrows

Started on bombs but they don't do anything yet

After using "prepare bow" hit "Free aim" to be able to aim up and down
    Scope still works in it too.

Just don't exit out of "prepare bow" without turning off "Free aim" and "Scope" of it messes with the camera
    If you do, just enter bow again and then turn them off

16. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I tested it out, it works pretty good, but we need like a crosshair or something, Aiming was quite hard compared to how it was in OOT, but hell, it is wc3! The system was pretty smooth and well executed. The arrows moved abit slow though. when it comes to movement, it was all smooth and perfect, except for when hitting the corners of those fugly blizzard cliffs. I suggest we do not use blizz cliffs in the actual map.

17. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    -Well I was just using in game things, we can get a better reticule filter for that
    -Type ! and a number (like ! 50) to change the speed - note that it calculates the angle based on the speed so if you set it to 0 and then fire a bunch up, then set it to 99 they will all move straight.
    -Well Blizz cliffs used right work, and that terrain was just slapped together quickly for this - in certain situations they work well. And I've noticed the arrows move oddly when moving over water too, I'll iron those out later.

Notice that the higher the ! value is, the more distance the arrow is moved in .03 seconds, thus if you set it to max (99) then it doesn't respond as well to things like cliffs, at max value it will go up to the top of the wall before dying (hence look ugly).

18. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Aha, ok, all in all you've done a good job. I'm not the right guy to comment the actuall scripting, I know absolutely nothing about that stuff.

19. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks, most of the scripting I've done is leakless - I know it's not perfect but mainly I just make sure that I avoid errors that add up over time.

(Well I mainly kept the script that actually matters leakless, things like the random targets and such I don't really care about cleaning up as their just for testing)

20. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yessirr!